Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bambistews 2012 brown bear hunt

If only we could find a moose near the road...

No bears today, but the rain stopped. River is expected to crest on Thursday, lots more water left to come. The area we want to hunt requires a river crossing, and the boat is in the shop. The back up is a Scanoe with laminated twin outboards, (don't worry they're not Mercury).

Probably going to head back to town for a few days and rest up. Wyodeerhunter was arm-wrestling Jesus (he didn't spill his beer or hurt Jesus) and hurt his shoulder pretty bad.

Indian Larry and I plan on heading back down on Thursday to resume the serch. We got a line on a sow that just recently kicked off her cubs.

I might swing by the gun range and shoot a couple shots. Probably should have done that before we left for the weekend, but I figured my muzz should be good to go from the last time I had it at the range 2 years ago. Not sure about the powder though, it might be old.

Attachments

• P1010089.JPG
    P1010089.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 1,263
Last edited:
Come on Wyo, the guy I know would have swam that river just for fun.....

Good luck guys.

Quotes from the hunt so far:

Indian larry : im so thirsty. ( hes sitting on a case of beer wtf?)

Bambistew: im not sure if im legal to drive yet. (As he is driving down the road)

Woke up to more rain. Going to do some serious road hunting this am.

Wyodeerhunter: "Jesus, I'll arm wrestle ya for the last beer."

I think this should be an interactive live hunt where the readers get to vote on the hunter's decisions. (That idea may be copyright worthy!)

My vote: A 30 yard shot at a Grizz with a muzzy you haven't shot or checked the load on in 2 years!

Ok so this hunt was kinda thrown together at the last minute. We even forgot to pack bait to get the big brown bears to come in. We had to improvise and quick. What could we use for bait? This time of year the bears are feeding on the spawned out salmon. But who wants to deal with those stinky things? So i figure gold fish crackers could probably get a bear to come in. I threw some out and we sat there in the rain for two solid days waiting for bears to come in. It was tricky baiting with crackers in a downpour. We literally had to stay on our toes and keep changing out the bait. Sadly no bears came in but plenty of other critters did:
View attachment 31716
View attachment 31717

We past the long days drinking beer and greenhorning which camp robber was bigger. We also gave them cool names like Water Bottle and Giraffe. In the end we said %@#$ it the difference between a big camp robber and a little one is only a few feathers. Who cares?

I'm quite embarrassed by this, but it is true:

Probably going to head back to town for a few days and rest up. Wyodeerhunter was arm-wrestling Jesus (he didn't spill his beer or hurt Jesus) and hurt his shoulder pretty bad.

Let me just tell you this guys. Jesus is one cool dude. And talk about a beer drinker. That guy can drink.

All is not lost on my end though, as I was able to special order a sitka sling for my now hurt shoulder:

View attachment 31718

Sure it cost 500 dollars, but there isn't a bear in alaska that will be able to see my arm now.

Bambi and I finished off the long day with a few cold ones. Not quite sure why indian larry isn't drinking. He goes on kicks like this every once in awhile. Thinks he's better than everyone else by not drinking. More beer for us I suppose.

Last edited:
I reckon this is the part of the thread where a special few of you can type cool comments like:

"just got a picture of a big bear down, congrats"

"just want to say congrats again"

So to those few of you that have seen pictures, we know you're %#@#$@ but you don't have to let everyone else know you're cool too :)

I reckon this is the part of the thread where a special few of you can type cool comments like:

"just got a picture of a big bear down, congrats"

"just want to say congrats again"

So to those few of you that have seen pictures, we know you're %#@#$@ but you don't have to let everyone else know you're cool too :)

That's funny. Hilarious, actually.

Look forward to one of the uber-cool guys posting a pic. :D

So to those few of you that have seen pictures, we know you're %#@#$@ but you don't have to let everyone else know you're cool too

Well_b9b640_484105.png

Wyo must be relegated to diaper duty, keep that craft upright. Time for Indian Larry to deliver!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back