PEAX Equipment

Badlands Velvet Muley

Muley1

Well, after 5 years it finally all came together last Saturday evening. After hunting a different spot Friday night and Saturday morning, I decided to take a hint from Hardscrabble and change locations where he and Glen had seen quite a few bucks the past couple of days. After sitting through the 100 degree heat on Saturday afternoon and trying to find shade while visiting about the upcoming evening hunt the three of us headed out. Hardscrabble and Glen went to chase a good buck they had seen the night before and I went to where Hardscrabble had run into 4 bucks that morning. The only action the first couple of hours was a fork horn. I got impatient with about a half hour of light left and decided to go and look in the draw on the back side of me. As I crested the top, I saw movement in the bottom of the draw. It turned out to be a decent 4x4 rubbing his velvet off. I decided I needed to move quick. As I got closer I realized there were two other bucks with him. I went right at them and with the noise the buck was making rubbing he and the other two bucks didn't see me sneaking in on them. I was eventually able to close the distance and moments later my dream of a good velvet Muley came true as this guy presented me with a perfect broadside shot. A special thanks needs to go out to both Ed and Glen. First for the hint and then for the help with the pack out.

Attachments

• Pat Badlands (21)a.jpg
    Pat Badlands (21)a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 750
  • P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 741
  • Pat Badlands (26)a.jpg
    Pat Badlands (26)a.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 751
  • P1010142.jpg
    P1010142.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 751
Great buck. Congrats. Some day I am going back there, but it won't be another December hunt.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back