MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Badger In Town

WyoDoug

First time I seen these guys in town. Saw him on my delivery route and he stayed put watching me. I think people have been throwing out food for him because he seemed to be begging.

badgeronlawn.jpg

I almost stepped on one one morning before daylight. He was backed into his hole and my foot was in the air moving forward when I saw him. Made a huge side step type dance move I didn't know I was capable of doing. Not sure how aggressive they are but his looks was telling i made a wise decision to not step on him.

First time I seen these guys in town. Saw him on my delivery route and he stayed put watching me. I think people have been throwing out food for him because he seemed to be begging.

View attachment 151154

Must have been sick. Badgers don't beg. They all think you owe them money.

They will make short work of the woodchucks burrowing under your woodpiles and buildings. But they will make a mess doing it.

Cool critter who swing way above their weight. I don't mess with them.

I have trapped many badgers and "swing way above their weight" is spot-on. The Cheese-head boys of Wisconsin would buy every badger that I could harvest.

That badger might be someone's semi-pet, feeding him scraps and such. I've heard of several people that had, have badgers as pets....not my cup of tea.

Badgers have scent glands like a skunk. You would not want one for a pet without having it de-scented, and then you'd still have to get past the attitude.

Me and my wife were out antelope hunting last week and saw a badger running through a prarie dog town. We got to watch him up close for 5-10 minutes. It was really cool

Found one that was hit by a car right down the road from my house maybe 15-20 years ago. Central Illinois and I didn't know we had any. Apparently did, and we even had a trapping season for them.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back