Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Backpack hunting for muleys...

LMAO!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I suppose it will have some thing to do with logging your complex for free!!
biggrin.gif

Here are some pictures of back country hunting. I was focused on goats, but also looking for a monster muley. No big deer seen, but definitly big country.

My hunting partner at the trailhead into Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness.
Axl_at_trailhead_1.sized.jpg

Ready to unload and set up base camp.
Arrival_at_base_camp_1.sized.jpg

View from the top of the world. About 1/2 mile and 1 hour from where I shot my billy.
Goat_peak_1.sized.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-19-2003 20:29: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Man mtmiller that really makes me wish I was out there. That bottom picture is awesome!! What caliber is that gun you are using?? It looks just like my .270.

MT those pics are priceless!!! Thanks for sharing. I like your style of a hunting partner!

trophy_killer-the rifle is a Rem 700 in .280. I did have to put three bullets into my goat before he was done. I think the first shot would have done the trick, but I put two more into him while he was laying down.

1_pointer-yea the hunting partner worked out alright. He was the only one dumb enough to go with me. I figured he could keep the wolves and grizzlies off me.
rolleyes.gif

Hey mossback I bet if you just give your nephew them pics he could probably put them on here for you
wink.gif
Missed ya today at the get together over at Melodys' house.Still no fish in the rivers,although Jason did catch a 20" Dolly around 2.5lbs.Talk at ya later and get me them pics I will show you how to post them next time I see ya.

Mtmiller,

Awesome pictures. Goat hunting is fun, isn't it! I got my chance a few years back in the same A-B Wilderness, only futher south around Cooke City. My picture posting abilities are nil so maybe someone could help? I asked my Labs to help out, but even they turned me down. Lucky guy!

Paul

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-20-2003 10:01: Message edited by: Paul C ]</font>

It is some beautiful country. I would like to see some of your goat hunt pictures. You can email them to me and I will get them posted. I will be out of town this week for work, but can put them up next weekend.

If you haven't seen the threads they are available under each topic on how to post pics.

How to post a picture link

It is pretty easy after you do it once. If you can't wait that long, I am sure someone else would be more than happy to post the photos for you (more like for us).

Back