PEAX Equipment

Backpack Holster

stealthy_bowman

Hi all,
I've been thinking about getting an aliengear shapeshift backpack holster for my G20 and am wondering if any of you have tried it and what your impressions are in terms of comfort when wearing it all day?
Always appreciate the real insights from users on this forum so thanks in advance!

FWIW, I carry my pistol in a drop-leg thigh holster. Keeps it low enough it doesn't interfere with a pack's waist belt/strap and the weapon is always on your person even when the pack isn't.

Hmm, that an interesting concept. I had to look up the Aliengear Shapeshift holster. I don't know anything about it to speak of, however, I know my IWB holster works great. Works the same as the belt though crease or pinch the pack flat webbing if the clips do not reach.
It presses against the hip support from the pack the same as your own hip. I'll share a pic later with a Badlands Summit pack.

Depending on the pack, (example is the Badlands 2800) the hip belt strap that snugs the hip belt for pack load is a good location for about any IWB type holster.
So if you already have a conceal carry holster, might find this may work. I do not like having the holster between the hip belt and my side... This works great as it's positioned as shown in the pic.
The 2800 actually has a holster pouch though it's too far back for my liking and the position of it has the barrel in the dirt if I unclip my pack to set it on the ground.

Interesting enough, I've hooked this same IWB holster to my bino harness strap and it works great as well. Not discounting the chest holsters for their designed intent though too much to add both

I can't speak for Aliengear Shapeshifter holster, but on my pack I installed a Aliengear OWB holster for my G20. I was nervous at first, because there wasn't any safety strap, however after the first few days passed and a lot of miles covered, I stopped worrying about losing my pistol. It held in place.

I know it’s not actually a backpack holster which is what you were asking about, but I never hunt or hike without my binos, so this chest bono harness holster is what I went with. The company I went with is called Razco gear out of Bozeman. It centers the weight and rides across my lower chest/upper abdomen and is very comfortable.

Attachments

• 90515630-9F44-4DB6-883D-247CD98B2C38.png
    90515630-9F44-4DB6-883D-247CD98B2C38.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
he 2800 actually has a holster pouch though it's too far back for my liking
That's exactly my current problem. I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster and it's actually quite good. However, on my pack it sits just too far back making for an awkward draw, hence the reason why I am looking for an alternative.

I carry my pistol in a drop-leg thigh holster
How does it feel after a few miles? I have thought about this alternative as well, just am not sure how it will feel after miles of hiking.

I know it’s not actually a backpack holster which is what you were asking about, but I never hunt or hike without my binos, so this chest bono harness holster is what I went with. The company I went with is called Razco gear out of Bozeman. It centers the weight and rides across my lower chest/upper abdomen and is very comfortable
Interesting alternative, I had not seen this before.

I also run a drop leg holster. Don't have to worry about your gun digging in your side. And it is super comfortable to walk around with. And the strap around the leg is neoprene so it flexes but stays tight. I don't think I'll ever go back to a hip holster when hunting now.

I have a Blade Teck holder for my 44. It clips onto the Molle strips on my pack. Very happy with it, even wadding through neck high brush, it hasn't come unholstered.

I have a Blade Teck holder for my 44. It clips onto the Molle strips on my pack. Very happy with it, even wadding through neck high brush, it hasn't come unholstered.
Are we the only ones that carry revolvers? Unless yours is a desert eagle...:)

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back