Backpack camp water storage containers?

Paul in Idaho

This year, I will be backpacking in for my elk hunt. The only decent spot to camp is on top, and it's a descent of more than 1,000 feet to the only water source. I need a lot of water to keep going. I need to store a lot of water in camp so I don't waste hunting time on hiking for water every day.

I have a couple Camelbak bladders and one Platypus jug, but would like something that can hold a gallon or more without taking up a lot of space in my pack when empty. Any suggestions?

Take a look at the MSR Dromlite bags. They don't have a hose and bite valve they are made for just what you're talking about,transport and storage.

Take a look at the MSR Dromlite bags. They don't have a hose and bite valve they are made for just what you're talking about,transport and storage.

I'd recommend these as well, I think the largest is 10L which should be pretty adequate, otherwise there are lots of other collapsible water containers. You can buy a hose and bite valve adapter for the Dromedary's if need be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back