Backcountry Trout Season

Man, those are awesome pictures. Counting the days until the rivers come into shape here.

Since #3 wasn't a greenback, we might as well add one. :)

uc

Are #2 & 3 a Golden and Rio Grande?

You are correct! El Unit got the other two. The correct order and geographical area below. Can't wait to get back to some of these spots soon.

Colorado River Cutt - Flat Tops
Golden Trout - Wind River Range
Rio Grande Cutt - Rio Grande Nat Forest
Snake River Cutt - Wind River Range

You are correct! El Unit got the other two. The correct order and geographical area below. Can't wait to get back to some of these spots soon.

Colorado River Cutt - Flat Tops
Golden Trout - Wind River Range
Rio Grande Cutt - Rio Grande Nat Forest
Snake River Cutt - Wind River Range

I just made the decision- I'm crossing golden trout off my list this summer, maybe in July or August.

Couple lakes in the Beartooths have them, but it's a bit of a hike through some grizzly country to get to them. Need to find a buddy to go along, I think.

I just made the decision- I'm crossing golden trout off my list this summer, maybe in July or August.

Couple lakes in the Beartooths have them, but it's a bit of a hike through some grizzly country to get to them. Need to find a buddy to go along, I think.
Go for it! I crossed Goldens off my list in 2015 in what turned out to be one of my most memorable solo backcountry trips. I had to construct a makeshift raft out of logs and my inflatable Big Agnes pad to get across a huge lake because the river above and below the lake was cranking with runoff. Totally worth it.

I don't have mine on me, but its always in the truck.

Any of you boys ever do the WY or UT CuttSlam?
No but sounds like my kind of challenge. Closest I've gotten is Colorado. I could be close in Wyoming. There is some debate now over the purity of the Greenback strains so I probably caught a hybrid. What species are involved in the WY/UT slams?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back