Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Back Pack Meals (Military MREs)

Why not make your own dehydrated meals? That way you can create what you consider a high nutrient meal to sustain you. You can get everything you need for very reasonable on amazon. Mix in some Mtn Ops YETI and you will be filling your 17 tags in record time (y)

Why not make your own dehydrated meals? That way you can create what you consider a high nutrient meal to sustain you. You can get everything you need for very reasonable on amazon. Mix in some Mtn Ops YETI and you will be filling your 17 tags in record time (y)

MREs are NOT dehydrated meals. They are Meals READY TO EAT. I personally do not care for dehydrated meals.

MREs are NOT dehydrated meals. They are Meals READY TO EAT. I personally do not care for dehydrated meals.

We all know that. I'm simply saying that you can make your own for cheaper and they would be way more nutritious which sounds important to you. Win Win. However, the Yeti isn't cheap but it's worth every snort.

We all know that. I'm simply saying that you can make your own for cheaper and they would be way more nutritious which sounds important to you. Win Win. However, the Yeti isn't cheap but it's worth every snort.

LOL I will not buy a Yeti either especially because the company is anti-2A and supports gun control. I stick with either Coleman or similar priced coolers. I absolutely do not buy for price or brand. I buy for functionality and I have coolers I have had since the 80s still fully functional and they are not one of the high fashion ones.

I will pass, they arent good enough to pay that weight penalty. If was packing that much weight I would take real food.
There are some very good freeze dried meals available that taste better and weight much less.

A pooping soldier is not a fighting soldier. Plan accordingly with coconut oil, magnesium supplements, or whatever will keep things moving. Screaming in the woods should only come from bulls and mtn lions...

Hell, I scream and bloat every time I get the game I am after. Kinda ruins it for anyone in the area though cuz rest of the herds take off.

I use them if I'm going for a short hunt, 1-2 days. When I was training in the field, we learned to save weight and you could get by with just 1 MRE a day. They have improved I think over the years, definitely since I was in the Army at least. MRE's pack a lot of calories as well. I'm leery of most foods available for the backcountry, because of the amount of salt the majority puts in them. Heathers Choice seems to be my favorite right now.

I use them if I'm going for a short hunt, 1-2 days. When I was training in the field, we learned to save weight and you could get by with just 1 MRE a day. They have improved I think over the years, definitely since I was in the Army at least. MRE's pack a lot of calories as well. I'm leery of most foods available for the backcountry, because of the amount of salt the majority puts in them. Heathers Choice seems to be my favorite right now.

Exactly the reason I use them. Some of them are not great cold, but each packet now comes with a MRE heater where they used to be packed separately in a case and the supply sergeant collected and kept them most of the time. The meals today are very light in weight and tastes pretty good, especially when you heat them up. There are only a few I would not eat cold though. I live within a couple miles of my antelope hunting grounds so I do what you do and pack one or two per day in my pack. When I elk hunt, I always return to base camp at night, so I carry enough for the day plus an extra if I get suck sleeping on the side of the hill where I knocked one down late or something like that. As fir dehydrated food, I am not a fan of that and never found one that fits my taste buds well, even when they are redcurrant a few hours. So between the two, it's a matter of personal preferences. They weight about the same. Now if you are staying in the field more than a couple days and not base camping and don't have mules or something to haul gear, I recommend the hydrated foods.

LOL I will not buy a Yeti either especially because the company is anti-2A and supports gun control.
Thanks for your support of the 2A. Unfortunately, that's the problem with rumors and unsubstantiated stories. I'd really like to see the true information on the Yeti story before a boycott. This originated from the NRA and who can trust them right now? The NRA has had a rough time with honesty. I can't afford much Yeti brand stuff anyway, but I don't much care for hearsay that most likely is not true. I think it was more of a big misunderstanding and Yeti still sponsors a lot of hunting shows and shooting events.
Just my opinion on Yeti...

I don’t give a rip who buys a Yeti, but I can’t stand ignorance and misinformation.

But on Monday, just as the backlash and calls for boycott picked up steam, Yeti said in a statement to The Washington Post, also posted on Yeti’s Facebook account, that the NRA letter was “inaccurate.” The Austin-based retailer said it notified various organizations, including the NRA Foundation, that it was eliminating a “group of outdated discounting programs” from which the organizations benefited.

When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation,” Yeti said. “These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.”

MREs are disgusting in my opinion. I would rather eat dehydrated sides and pb&js.

Also, not sure how we’re talking about yeti coolers. I think he was talking about mt ops.

My opinion, I think people spend too much money on food. Find something cheap with nutrition value.

MREs are disgusting in my opinion. I would rather eat dehydrated sides and pb&js.

Also, not sure how we’re talking about yeti coolers. I think he was talking about mt ops.

My opinion, I think people spend too much money on food. Find something cheap with nutrition value.
I agree, there’s plenty of really good, easily prepared meals right on local grocery store shelves, and if you know how to shop, it won’t be as expensive as camping food.

Exactly the reason I use them. Some of them are not great cold, but each packet now comes with a MRE heater where they used to be packed separately in a case and the supply sergeant collected and kept them most of the time. The meals today are very light in weight and tastes pretty good, especially when you heat them up. There are only a few I would not eat cold though. I live within a couple miles of my antelope hunting grounds so I do what you do and pack one or two per day in my pack. When I elk hunt, I always return to base camp at night, so I carry enough for the day plus an extra if I get suck sleeping on the side of the hill where I knocked one down late or something like that.
Thanks for your support of the 2A. Unfortunately, that's the problem with rumors and unsubstantiated stories. I'd really like to see the true information on the Yeti story before a boycott. This originated from the NRA and who can trust them right now? The NRA has had a rough time with honesty. I can't afford much Yeti brand stuff anyway, but I don't much care for hearsay that most likely is not true. I think it was more of a big misunderstanding and Yeti still sponsors a lot of hunting shows and shooting events.
Just my opinion on Yeti...

You know you are right. I only saw the first article where they withdrew from the NRA and appeared to be backing gun control. However, I still will not buy Yeti because I view their products as over-priced. Here is latest update I came up with: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article209736064.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back