Back in the saddle again

Bwana

My youngest boy really enjoys archery and has been asking alot of questions about deer hunting with a bow lately so my wife tells me I really should take him hunting. Now what better excuse to get back into it then that? I can't quite remember but I think the last time I bowhunted was before the boy was born. :(

This weekend we decided to give it a go and low and behold things worked out. At least my new bowhunting good luck charm was happy with the results.
3625.JPG

Dad and his new archery buddy:
3626.JPG

3627.JPG

3629.JPG

Great job Dad......it's awesome taking your own kid out, I haven't had a chance in the past two years....I've taking them out with me on some road-scouting trips, but it's time to get them out on a hunt with me again.........

Looks like someone will be buying a bow in the future for the youngster.Nice job on a good buck.

Nice work man- looks like a great time. Your boy will now be hooked for life. Congrats!

Bwana:

Thanks for sharing, but most importantly, thanks for taking the time to make another youngster part of the hunting family.

My teenage son spent many days like that and now he is hooked. Your return on the time investment will be greater than you could ever expect, and you are having the time of your life in the process.

Congrats to you and your son.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I am lucky that all my kids enjoy hunting so far. Then again I have been dragging them all out since they were 1.5 to 2 years old on hunts of one kind or another including turkey, goose, pheasants, deer, coyote calling, etc. After one of the coyote calling trips I told their mother I wanted her to make little bunny constumes for them. Figured that would be a way to put their wiggling to good use but Mom wasn't impressed with the idea.

Anyway, I hope they remember our trips enough so that when I am old and decrepid they will haul me out on a hunt or two with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back