Back From AZ (pics)

BOHNTR

Well, I’m back from the Arizona desert. The last two weeks had it’s highs and lows, as the mule deer weren’t quite rutting and the big bucks were no where to be found. I passed a few bucks, waiting on the bigger bucks to show. I ended up being in the right place at the right time for this 25” buck a few days into the hunt. I'm glad I did, as I didn't see much larger this year. He has decent mass, great eye-guards, but a broken G4 on his right side. He should easily make the P&Y minimum. I feel VERY lucky to have him, as I spent the last week trying to find a shooter for my hunting partners with no luck. I did manage to take a photo of a decent 28" 3x4 that Fred will probably shoot if given a chance later this week. Hopefully, he'll find him again. Hope you enjoy the photos.

AZ_January_07_039.jpg

AZ_January_07_028.jpg

AZ_January_07_055.jpg

AZ_January_07_065.jpg

That's a great buck Roy. You really do well in that country. Congrats to you and your crew. I have a question for you? Did something eat your deer? It sure looks like some rough cuts around the neck unless you used a hatchet to remove it. :)

IB:

Yeah, the area I hunt is LOADED with coyotes and a pack of them found him before me. (I arrowed him before dark and waited until morning) When I walked up on him there was about 8-10 coyotes filling their guts. I've now declared war on those darn yotes!

Great buck Roy. Ole Fred Bear would be proud to know what an ambassador to bowhunting and the sport you are. Good job man.

Hey thanks guys.......glad you enjoyed the photos. I'd rather be lucky than good anyday.

Nice looking buck, congrats. Last hunt with a Hoyt?
Today 04:56 PM

Tone:

It sure is.......I wasn't comfortable taking a brand new bow on a hunt like this without shooting it for a few months. However, come this spring, I'll be carrying the Guardian. Sure hope it will be good to me like the Hoyt has been!

I'm sure not all the magic has been in the brand of bow you've been packing. I don't blame you at all for not feeling like taking the brand new one on the hunt. My dealer is still waiting to get his first Bowtech's in. Last he heard from them they were WAY behind on orders and I think he is kind getting the run around since this will be his first year with them. I'm looking forward to putting a few arrows through one if he ever gets any.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back