PEAX Equipment

Back from Alaska

elkdiesel

Well we are back from our Alaska trip! What a trip it was! Like I had mentioned before in my previous posts this was our first time attempting a hunting trip like this, so we went into with a lot of unknowns. We followed Big Fins lead and reserved a forest service cabin in SE Alaska for our base camp. It took us three days of traveling before we finally made it into camp the day before the season opened. We had an awesome flight out to the cabin and took in some truly breathtaking scenery. Things were looking promising on our way in, the weather was beautiful and we saw almost 20 moose as we flew out. Day one of hunting was awesome. I was with my buddy Daron when he took his moose on opening morning. (He’s not a monster, but a great one all the same!) That evening I almost got a crack at a wolf, but it just didn’t quite come together. The rest of the trip can be summed up with hard hunting, bad weather and an all-around great time. Daron was the only on to score on a moose, but we all have memories that we will never forget. We learned a lot, and will be back to do it again!
Alaska015.jpg

Alaska050.jpg

Alaska019.jpg

Alaska065.jpg

Alaska080.jpg

Alaska036.jpg

060.jpg

:hump:

Awesome pics. Glad you had a fun time despite the weather.

Big times in big country. You guys weren't the only predators out there. Thanks for letting me go to AK with you via the story/pics.

Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Looks like an awesome trip, way cool find on the skull.

Thousands of pounds of garbage were saved by your buddy, thanks.

Looks like a great trip with family and a friend. It took me 4 trips to finally get an animal but I'll tell you, each trip was full of great memories and experiences that I'll always remember even without a kill. I hope you feel it was worth it.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back