Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Back early from deer hunt

mtmiller

No blood, but a good time anyway. Decided I could not afford another day off at this point, so I was only able to hunt opening day and then back to work. Hopefully next weekend will be the one.

Here is a buck that was just screaming to be shot. A perfect set up brought this guy to 60 yards. I saw him coming at 200 and had him in the crosshairs. Decided he was a damn good buck, but you don't shoot great bucks by taking this guy opening day. Ended up pulling out the camera and getting a couple shots. I did set down the camera and and put him in the x-hairs one more time @ 60 yards, but finally restrained myself.

Maybe he will reward me next year with more mass and deeper backs. :D

You have a heck of a lot more restraint than I do. That a great buck. You must have shot a good buck or two in the past ;)

Good thing his backs didn't match his fronts or that decision would've been much tougher. Love that double throat patch though. It would be tempting to whack him just for the cape to possibly use on a different deer later.

mtmiller,

Great pics and I think a good decision as well. Looks like he is well fed though. No blood on our opener. My daughter had shots at probably 10 forkies but elected to wait for something, "bigger then last year".

Nemont

Nice buck! But you definately made the right decision. Of course, that's a lot easier to say when you're looking at a computer screen instead of through the scope. ;) Those throat patches really stand out.

Oak

No doubt....that buck ain't short on groceries by no means, LOL

You showed a ton more restraint than I could have also.......but you did the right thing if a toad is what you're after.........and the double throat patches are as cool as double drops to me........great pics as usual.

OSOK said:
Craig,

Good decision. Twould suck to have a certian 2 point slaying masta out do you this year, eh! ;)

.......... I still might Beotch. :p

For someone that shaves his Privates, I can't believe you pass on bucks like that..........You will be rewarded my Friend :D

Of course at the end of season, if you're making tag soup, we'll never let you live it down!
You've got better restraint than me...
Good luck MT!

MT, I'm giving it one last shot for general season this friday, last day. I hope to hell an animal like that get's within 60 yards, I might even go for a head shot :D J/K QD. Must be some good bucks in your area if your letting him go. He's a little weak at the back forks but still a dandy buck.

shedyoda.

Shedyoda, you must not know MTMiller very well, he has a hard time seeing sometimes and has been known to fore go a good piece of pie for a long night's sleep on some rock in order to chase a furry, four-footed critter. There are very, very, few "good" deer left, the rut hunt coupled with extrodinary technology and lots of free time, has done a great job thining the mature bucks out of the herds.

Finalshot, so your saying that when I go to apply for an out of state tag next year don't apply in Montana. Guess I could always settle for that good piece of pie MtMilller passed on.

Jedi Mind Tricks!

Shedyoda, he is right, there are no big bucks in Montana. However, I have a couple friends that would be happy with that buck in the picture. Hopefully they will shoot him this weekend, would make for a fine Halloween feast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back