Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

B&C Awards book MT elk

The Hedgehog

He's an official qualifier once I send in the paperwork. I don't remember the exacts, but I think it was 370 gross and 362 and change net. Regardless of the numbers, I was pretty excited have taken such an awesome animal and to have such an amazing hunt. This elk and the hunt will always rate as one of my best trophies and one of the finest days I've had in the hills. If I get some time in the next few weeks, I'll write up some details. It was really just perfect in every way.

Last time I had the taxidermist do an animal up for me was in 2005...
72432_1489129387182_1202394403_31138088_4088202_n.jpg

To take an awards book animal like that in a general MT unit isnt easy...lets be honest, finding a mature 6 point bull isnt all that easy in general units.

What always amazes me with animals in that caliber is just how big a true awards book/all-time book animal has to be to qualify...it really takes a special animal for sure.

Congratulations on that bull...you've more than earned it.

What always amazes me with animals in that caliber is just how big a true awards book/all-time book animal has to be to qualify...it really takes a special animal for sure.

Especially bulls and Muley bucks.

Greenhorn has been going on and on about this dreamy day elk hunting with no supporting story. At this point, if it doesn't include rescuing strippers from drowning in beer on the way out, it may fall flat.:D

Durn nice bull.

Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to the stripper/beer story.

Agree with that 100%. Lots of "book" animals suffer a severe case of the shrinks when it comes down to measuring in eighths...

Congrats, GH. That is a whopper. It was interesting to look at it in person. If there was score for the mass of the times, I am thinking this guy moves up the scale even further. One very impessive critter.

And like someone said, to do it on a General tag in the heavily pressured areas of Montana is amazing.

Yeah, funny how many of those book critters never see the tape of an official measurer - for good reason.

Great bull Kurt! I always laugh reading other sites (usually Utah) were the members shrug off a 370 bull likes it's nothing special:rolleyes: The reality is that 99% of them have never shot one or even had the chance too but, hey those 400 bulls are out there around every Juniper.

Ditto what Buzz said. That pic illustrates how big of a critter it takes just to make the awards book. Congrats big time.

Great bull Kurt! I always laugh reading other sites (usually Utah) were the members shrug off a 370 bull likes it's nothing special:rolleyes: The reality is that 99% of them have never shot one or even had the chance too but, hey those 400 bulls are out there around every Juniper.

That's what they want you to think, didn't happen this year.

Didn't your bull last year just miss?
Pretty amazing run you've had. Even with as hard as you obviously work, it's amazing nothings gotten in the way of you doing this every single year.
Congrats

I'd have let him grow up just a little bit more. ;)

Congrats again on an amazing trophy.

Back