B.A.D.A.S.S. #10 - Mystery Ranch Bighorn pack

Might be your sense of timing?:D

Congrats Jose. A product that will be used as intended.

Thanks Mystery Ranch for their support. Glad I didn't win....my 3 MR packs are good for now.

I nailed that one for sure, hit submit and their was a new post from the winner.

I really didn't need another bighorn, the one I have already sees plenty of use.

Ahhhhhh....... an oldtimer from Idaho. Hurts when BigFin is calling you old. ;)

Lots of Thanks to Big Fin and to the guys (and gals) at Mystery Ranch that support this site, Fin's adventures, and, most importantly, take the time and effort to build a quality product that I happily pay full price for.

My first purchase of a Mystery Ranch Longbow was a direct result of this forum and seeing the commentary of old timers (ha ha) like Greenhorn and BuzzH starting to spread the gospel about the quality products coming from Mystery Ranch. My first chance to get my hands on one was in Salt Lake when a bunch of old timers (ha ha) like Moosie, IDBugler, BuzzH, Oak, Greenhorn, Seacat, and Big Fin all found ourselves in the same part of the world.

In any event, drinking Seacat's PBR's on the convention floor and seeing the Mystery Ranch products convinced me that my previous futile quest to find a comfortable pack may be reaching a conclusion. Like many other "old timers", I have a stack of packs in the corner of the garage. Pack boards, External Frames, Internal Frames, Collapsible, Day Packs, etc from some of the biggest names in the business and the biggest retailers.

After seeing the Mystery Ranch products and then hearing a rumour of a new product, I patiently waited for the new product. It was released for testing, and one of the testers shared with me that the new product was the one to wait for. So, as soon as the Mystery Ranch LongBow was released, I was on the phone ordering one.

The ordering process was simple, they knew what questions to ask to get me the correct size frame and pack. After the pack was shipped to my house, I had a quick question on set-up and they quickly guided me through the process.

As a daypack, the NICE frame and a LongBow pack is surprisingly small and agile and I don't think twice about putting it on my back before daylight for a full day. And, the luxury of having a pack that you can haul as large of load as possible out of the hills on the first trip is definitely a way to keep your buddies in camp appreciating you. The Mystery Ranch system is the first pack I have ever had where I don't have one of my arms go numb under a full load. Now, if I ever have a heart attack, I will be able to notice the symptoms. :eek:

The load hauling of a Mystery Ranch pack is impressive:

photo3-1.jpg

( 2 front quarters from a bull, 2 backstraps, 2 tenderloins, and miscellaneous day pack items)

attachment.php

Since my first Mystery Ranch, I have convinced/shown a guy in Calif to buy them, 3 guys in Elko, NV are now using them, and a couple of more in Idaho, all because of testimonials on HuntTalk from real guys who spend real money on Mystery Ranch products.

Thanks again to BigFin and to MysteryRanch for their products and their support of our passions. I look forward to this new pack and have a tentative adventure that it will be perfect for.

Thanks Pointer. Glad someone remembers me. :D
I'll always have your back JC...just not when you're wearing that ugly hat! :D

Hope you hang around more as I need updates from the trailer park!

Congrats Jose. A product that will be used as intended.

Thanks Mystery Ranch for their support. Glad I didn't win....my 3 MR packs are good for now.

Funny thing is that far too often I have seen my MysteryRanch pack on a buddy who is "trying it out" while I struggle out with their inferior pack. Almost a legitimate reason to own multiple ones so that you can always have a good pack.

I nailed that one for sure, hit submit and their was a new post from the winner.

I really didn't need another bighorn, the one I have already sees plenty of use.

Find me big whitetails, and I will gladly let you use my BigHorn to pack it out....

I'll always have your back JC...just not when you're wearing that ugly hat! :D

Hope you hang around more as I need updates from the trailer park!
Been wearing more and more Utah State gear. Definitely have written more (and larger checks) there than I have to BSU.

My congrats to the *old timer* also. Have missed reading your tongue-in-cheek(?) posts though. Hope all is well.
All is good, just spending more time biting my tongue than planting it firmly in my cheek. ;)

..and I need a private jet ride to a spring Montana bear hunt/slumber party.

Better not plan on being in Montana the first week of May, as I am doing a road-trip to Houston and was planning on stopping in W-Falls to eat your food, drink your booze, and sleep on your couch. :cool:

Better not plan on being in Montana the first week of May, as I am doing a road-trip to Houston and was planning on stopping in W-Falls to eat your food, drink your booze, and sleep on your couch. :cool:

Damn, I'm going to be out of town that day also:D

You are more like a newbie than an old timer. :p

Congrats on the pack

Better not plan on being in Montana the first week of May, as I am doing a road-trip to Houston and was planning on stopping in W-Falls to eat your food, drink your booze, and sleep on your couch.

Well alrighty then....I'll hold the bottle and the wheel...you're gonna need a tailgunner (no pun) in Houston.

No problems with USU as some of their grads turn out quite spectacular! :D Don't forget me next mule deer season! I can send my address for the invite if you still don't have it, I just can't be there till the 13th though. I'm close enough to KY to bring either bourbon or 'shine...

PS- I still use the recipe you used when I came to the trailer. The boys LOVE it.

Who needs a poncho and sombrero when they could show up in a Selk Bag. If Dink shows up in this he wins Montana's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2014!

lippi-selk'bag-sleep-wear-system.jpg

Who needs a poncho and sombrero when they could show up in a Selk Bag. If Dink shows up in this he wins Montana's Sexiest Elk Hunter 2014!

lippi-selk'bag-sleep-wear-system.jpg

If that thing is tearaway I can see the revenue potential. Dink could raise a few shekels for jet fuel.

Back