Yeti GOBOX Collection

AZ State Land - ‘Restricted access’

MTGomer

Anybody know what this means as far as huntability?
I know it’s checkerboard, but assuming there is legal access (road through the section) is it huntable, or what does ‘restricted access’ mean. Not all state land sections say this but the ones in this area do.

Also, this is an example of a random place I’ve never been, so don’t overthink it and think herein holds the 400” bull.

7708075C-32E1-413B-9EEF-3E90B3386BD6.png

My first guess would be that they are just letting you know up front that the only way to get to it would be by obtaining permission from the neighboring land owner.

I don't know the corner crossing laws in Arizona.

That could be. Although if I understand the trespass law here, we have pretty strict rules on how a property must be posted. I’d imagine that there is a lot of these vast acreages outside of ‘glory’ units that are not posted to that standard, if at all.
It could all be wide open for all I know, especially if I understand the trespass law correctly, which I may not.
So far the only places I’ve hunted are public for miles in all directions so I haven’t looked into it that hard.

Only thing I've learned here is that when it comes to state land, you've gotta go out and see, I've seen some that are drivable and some that are not. After checking my OnX for 2 known examples of both, they both come up as "Arizona State Trust Land - Resricted Access". I think it's OnX's way of covering their butts in regards to State Trust lands.

You could cross-reference you're area with the state access map, that might give you more specific info, or it may make you pull out all your hair...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back