NEW SITKA Ambient 75

AZ Results Up.

Gunslinger, Pinetop is a long way from Unit 1. Have you checked anywhere closer?

Gunslinger, Pinetop is a long way from Unit 1. Have you checked anywhere closer?

No i have a friend that has lived in unit 1 all his life so hes going to be taking me out, last year one of my friends shot a 400 bull there.

Hopefully i can go to the same place but really i have no idea where to go. isnt pine top in the north east corner of unit 1

Last edited:
The only Pinetop I know in AZ is a days drive from unit 1. If he is in Alpine that is very close.

Last edited:
Depending on where in Unit 1 you plan to hunt, Pinetop (very close to Show Low) is between 20-60 minutes away. I think some folks may be confusing it with Pine (north & a bit west of Payson) which is a couple hours away to the west. Pinetop is west/northwest of Unit 1, on Hwy 260.

Pinetop is not far at all if you're heading "home" to a comfortable bed & something better to eat than MRE's in a bivy sack, IMHO. Alpine is certainly closer to the eastern portion of Unit 1, but I'd sure rather be struggling with the drive from Pinetop to Unit 1 than wondering what western state (if any) I'll be hunting for elk this September...

Best of luck--it seems that you've had your fair share of running into great animals & I wish you the best on this one, too.

Last edited:
I'm not confused. I used to own a cabin in Pinetop. I would suggest that you look in Alpine or Springerville. You'll cut your transportation time by more than half. If you like Pinetop, then go for it. It's only a suggestion.

I was the one with the brain fart. Only been through Pinetop a few thousand times and was thinking Pine. I would still stay in the unit to hunt or rent a place in Nutrioso or Alpine.

I was the one with the brain fart. Only been through Pinetop a few thousand times and was thinking Pine. I would still stay in the unit to hunt or rent a place in Nutrioso or Alpine.

Dont sweat it. It's just an age thing.:D

I had to apply for points in Colorado, Nevada and I didn't draw in Utah. Oh well, I guess my AZ archery elk & pronghorn tag will work!

I think somone killed the #7 P&Y typical out of my unit in 2003. ;)

Keep raining...

Last edited:
Oh and my archery pronghorn tag is in the same unit.

Let the HATING begin! I am finally the LUCKY SOB that drew all of the tags!

It's actually not a secret unit at all. Very popular behind Unit 9 & 3A/C, it's the first time I have ever drawn a tag in this unit.

Saving for that Ele hunt I got to make afore I wither away from old age....just sent AZ my continue my bonus points money....try to use my $180+ more wisely this year....like maybe getting rid of flip flop McCain!!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back