AZ Results out.

We have this little unit where we keep a trailer for hunting and fishing. It will be getting some use this year, between myself and my friends we have 12 tags over 7 hunts with in 30 minutes. 9 of 12 tags are in one unit, Well be a long tough year ahead, with lots of fun and much pain, typical huntin' stuff, Take Care, JLG.

Last edited:
Luck must be changing - was drawn for turkey in the same unit I was drawn for late archery season elk. Wife missed unit 10....lol

Stupid hurts!

Uhg...

I use a prepaid Visa for online purchases and I used that card to apply online for elk this year.

I only had 1 bonus point so I figured I didn't stand a chance of drawing a Sept. archery bull tag. I left $150 on the card just incase. After AZGFD started charging cards I checked my card activity every day for 4 days and no activity. At that point I figured I didn't draw and thought it was safe to spend that money on gas and grocieries.

I was WRONG!!!!

I checked my draw results yesterday expecting to see, "Unsucessful -bonus point issued", insead I saw, "Rejected- credit card dishonored".

I guess some unlucky guy's card got bounced so they tried to give the tag to me but my card bounced so it went the next lucky SOB on the list.

No more online applications for me, I'm mailing in money orders from now on.

Good luck to those who drew.

-Dave

hmmmmmmmmm silence from Khunter;):D

I try to keep a low profile. I always seem to draw primo tags and that wears on some folks.

Almost as if it was a guaranteed tag. Suffice it to say I shocked myself with what I pulled this go round, I drew archery elk in unit 8, again only 4 yars after using 12 points to get in there. Yeehaw?

Dalbo what you did is easily the 2nd most foolish thing I've seen a guy do to wreck a draw opportunity...

Dalbo what you did is easily the 2nd most foolish thing I've seen a guy do to wreck a draw opportunity...

Begs the question, KHunter, "What was the 1st most foolish thing you have seen a guy do?"

Congrats on your draw. Good luck.

Archery Antelope 19A - very surprising to see a tag come my way...usually just the opposite of KHunter - never draw anything good and never expect to see a tag but sometimes you just get bamboozled.

Partner drew Unit 1 archery elk, helping him research as I hope to learn the unit and use my 13pts next year. Appreciate any advice on the area, especially if you've been on it since the burn.

Partner drew Unit 1 archery elk, helping him research as I hope to learn the unit and use my 13pts next year. Appreciate any advice on the area, especially if you've been on it since the burn.

I drew the same tag this year, there were Elk all over the burn area last year and they stick out like a sore thumb. It is a great unit and you won't have any trouble finding Elk.

Begs the question, KHunter, "What was the 1st most foolish thing you have seen a guy do?"

The only thing dumber than knowingly jacking up your card so it is certain to be rejected....is failing to apply for an AZ elk tag using, and triple checking, the accuracy of hunt codes applied.

A windy way of saying I drew an archery cow tag in in Unit 8. So I am am trailing the herd in competition among, dumb, dumber(sorry Dalbo), and dumbest (Khunter) draw mistakes. I know of.

The cool thing is I drew my first choice in AZ, which few guys can brag about, and I only used 5 preference points. :-( My wife said "at least the tags are cheaper for cow, right?" If she leaves me for a dude that drew an unit 8 archerybbull tag, I will understand.

Condolences accepted.

The cool thing is I drew my first choice in AZ, which few guys can brag about, and I only used 5 preference points.

:D:D

Sorry to kick a guy when he is down.................but, I'm skeered I never checked the hunt codes on our NM elk party application:eek:

That's a rough way to burn your bonus points Khunter. You can always tell your friends you got drawn for a trophy cow hunt.

Good luck.

The only thing dumber than knowingly jacking up your card so it is certain to be rejected....is failing to apply for an AZ elk tag using, and triple checking, the accuracy of hunt codes applied.

A windy way of saying I drew an archery cow tag in in Unit 8. So I am am trailing the herd in competition among, dumb, dumber(sorry Dalbo), and dumbest (Khunter) draw mistakes. I know of.

The cool thing is I drew my first choice in AZ, which few guys can brag about, and I only used 5 preference points. :-( My wife said "at least the tags are cheaper for cow, right?" If she leaves me for a dude that drew an unit 8 archerybbull tag, I will understand.

Condolences accepted.

Oh my, that is sad. My condolences, KHunter. May you be blessed with a really big healthy cow, close to the road, uphill from the truck.

Back