Caribou Gear

Az results are up.

Congrats Big Fin, No elk for me, getting closer though ;-)
Have to check on my boys now, see if i am guiding, filming, and packing in Az this Fall.

Congrats Randy!!!!!!!

Jake & mine both say "Bonus Point Purchased" So I guess I got what I ask for.

I'm most bummed that my son didn't draw the junior elk hunt. Same results for me: Nada. Zip. Zilch. :mad: Here's where I start rationalizing that "the archery dates are too early and I didn't want to waste my points on this hunt anyway" :rolleyes: If any of you come up with something better, feel free to share.

If I can pull things together, I might head to Colorado or Idaho for an OTC tag. I can't expect to ever improve my elk hunting by staying home.

Congrats to those who pulled a tag or, in Fin's case, tagSS. Randy, you must have a horseshoe up your back side! If anybody needs help packing, I may be up for that--I need the work and packing someone else's elk is better than nothing.

DDD, your son can hunt elk OTC in Colorado for about $104, if he can get out of school for a bit.

How does that influence the whiteboard?

Lots. Pretty much a "points only" strategy going forward in other states, except for Idaho.

How many points did you burn Randy? Congrats, by the way!

16 points on archery antelope. Amazing that I got tag #2. Last year that would have gotten you tag #1. Yeah, I know, 16 points on archery antelope is stupid, so feel free to call me stupid. Just don't call me when I am drawing back on a big AZ buck.

Elk was 7 points. Got tag #3.

Last year, 7 points would not have even put you in the 20% bonus pass. Wonder if that many people applied for "points only" in AZ, that the number of points needed for the bonus pass in these lesser units went down that much.

Either way, I am happy.

Don't hate on me guys, was drawn for unit 8. 3rd year in a row getting drawn. 2nd choice tag #571 and 572 out of 600. My son and I had 2 bonus pts apiece. Its a late season hunt. Can't friggin believe it!!!!!!!!

DDD, your son can hunt elk OTC in Colorado for about $104, if he can get out of school for a bit.

Interesting. Thanks, Oak. I had thought about putting him for NM but it's an awful tight schedule wrt school. I'll see if one of the CO rifle seasons matches up with his fall break--something teachers and admins made up some time after I got out of school.

Maybe I'll get a cow tag too. And maybe I'll have better luck this time around. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back