Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

AZ lope drawn!

schmalts

Well, I am not too excited to tell the truth. I know i should be but Just for the hell of it I applied for the toughest draws i could to just get a point for the most part because the hunts are smack dab in the middle of the Elk seasons i apply for. If i draw my UT bull elk tag there is a really good chance this tag will get made into ass wipe. Time will tell i guess, but i know that a lot of you would kill for a Rifle tag in either unit 10 or 9. Unit 10 was first choice.
So, Stan and Del, talk to me!! is this hunt worth blowing off an elk tag? No frigging way i would blow of my UT tag but i do have a point for a combo tag in MT. but i can work around the MT tag if that comes up but the UT tag would be top priority.

Schmalts, Don't lie to people on my site please... we all know your history on filling out a game ap, you drew nothing .... :D :D

Moosie, the on-line application is nearly fool-proof and no doubt saved Schmalts' ass.

Congrats schmuck. Guess I don't have to scout any lopes for you over here.

Hey, dont count me out yet. If I dont draw much of anything else i can still swing an August archery hunt for a few days. It wont cost me any vacation if i get a bad cough and have to be sick you know:rolleyes:

cool schmalts

I think between stan and I we can get you a good one ;)

I knowmt daughter and I will be hunting that unit for bull elk so I will have lots of time to kill.
if we get early bull tags the hunt is the same time as your lope hunt.

Personally I would drop the elk tag and hunt lopes, but thats just me.

Your early hunt will stay the same. Roughly the first full week in Oct. The lope hunts are 10 day hunts now in early/mid September. It isn't looking good for me. I can't wait to see what hunts you and schmalts actually drew...

Stan, that makes two of us but it sounds like it really doesn't matter because they run the same time. Miller brought up a good point (shocking i know) he said ny some chance if i was to draw my UT tag i should hunt for 5 days, take a break and hike out and hunt for lopes for 3-4 days, then go back and hunt elk for the latter part of the elk season again with fresh legs. Since it is only a 5-6 hour drive that is possible. I will make solid plans next month when the drawings are complete and I know what is going on. But 11 points for Elk in UT is not a given even though it was last year as point holders are bottle necking up

Stan, that makes two of us but it sounds like it really doesn't matter because they run the same time. Miller brought up a good point (shocking i know) he said ny some chance if i was to draw my UT tag i should hunt for 5 days, take a break and hike out and hunt for lopes for 3-4 days, then go back and hunt elk for the latter part of the elk season again with fresh legs. Since it is only a 5-6 hour drive that is possible. I will make solid plans next month when the drawings are complete and I know what is going on. But 11 points for Elk in UT is not a given even though it was last year as point holders are bottle necking up

Let me know your plans after the UT draw and we'l go from there....

Back