Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

MT application, not wanting the tag?

You are underestimating the point buyers who just bought a point in '22 and will buy another at time of app. That is the missing variable in the 12,000+ in line from last year + the 0pt allocation
The other variable you can't figure into it is the 238 that didn't draw with 2 last year probably got a returned tag from the guys who didn't get their limited entry tag which would take their 2pts.

No way to ever know in MT, I would take the over at 90% odds of drawing with 2 pref points. Guessing 93-95%, we will see in a week or so 😀

The other variable you can't figure into it is the 238 that didn't draw with 2 last year probably got a returned tag from the guys who didn't get their limited entry tag which would take their 2pts.

No way to ever know in MT, I would take the over at 90% odds of drawing with 2 pref points. Guessing 93-95%, we will see in a week or so 😀
You would hope the drawing stats include reissued tags and just shows who drew and who didn't because you do lose your points if you draw a reissued tag. But who the heck knows. I'm in with 3. If I pull a permit I'm probably out of this mess until they do away with the combo all together

Your right, I checked they are bonus points, but when I applied the other day I believe it asked if I wanted a preference point. Doesn't matter much thou, Montana points don't help much in the draws.
Huh …… pref point’s certainly help they give you preference…… 🙈

No way to ever know in MT, I would take the over at 90% odds of drawing with 2 pref points. Guessing 93-95%, we will see in a week or
You would hope the drawing stats include reissued tags and just shows who drew and who didn't because you do lose your points if you draw a reissued tag. But who the heck knows. I'm in with 3. If I pull a permit I'm probably out of this mess until they do away with the combo all together
You DONT lose preference points if issued a returned tag from the alternate list

You DONT lose preference points if issued a returned tag from the alternate list
Not talking about the alternate list. I said the RETURNED tags.

When they have the draw you can check to RETURN your general tag if you don't draw your LE tag. These RETURNED tags than go back through the original draw and you WILL LOSE your points if you get one of these. Also you CANT return it. So if all you wanted was a LE tag than you will LOSE your pref points and and have to wait atleast 2 more years to have a chance at your LE tag.

There is NO WAY to not get put into this and they break up your group application as well.

Not talking about the alternate list. I said the RETURNED list.

When they have the draw you can check to RETURN your general tag if you don't draw your LE tag. These RETURNED tags than go back through the original draw and you WILL LOSE your points if you get one of these.

There is NO WAY to not get put into this and they break up your group application as well.
My bad too I didn’t pay attention to what list we were talking about I only saw Derek’s post . But yes if you get a “released” tag , that’s what it’ll say beside it , then your pp are gone . But you won’t be entered in special permit draws cuz you didn’t actually draw a general tag , you only got one cuz someone who didn’t draw a special permit opted to turn back the general . This sucks hard when you’re trying to draw a permit . You’re spot on .

Just think of some one who has 2 pp and a lot of bonus points for a LE permit and is the 5% or so with 2 that doesn’t get drawn but then gets a released tag , loses points and has no chance at a permit I’d be severely ticked off lol

Not talking about the alternate list. I said the RETURNED list.

When they have the draw you can check to RETURN your general tag if you don't draw your LE tag. These RETURNED tags than go back through the original draw and you WILL LOSE your points if you get one of these.

Wow. A whole different twist. I had heard that before in tid bits, but had kind of forgotten about it. I’d like to find that somewhere in the regs and read it. That’s way silly crap, you’re right.

Wow. A whole different twist. I had heard that before in tid bits, but had kind of forgotten about it. I’d like to find that somewhere in the regs and read it. That’s way silly crap, you’re right.
Yeah really crappy if like 8 said you are wanting a LE tag. Super nice for guys like me who just want to hunt a general tag.

This is the best I could find. Top part says if you draw during the initial draw which the released tags are.

I also didn't realize that if you don't draw your LE tag and return the general you still lose your pref points. Glad I'm not chasing any LE tags.

Screenshot_20230402_112035_Chrome.jpg

If you’re chasing a LE permit really your only play is to roll the dice in the random draw. Forget pp’s

Not talking alt list, talking released combos. This topic gets beat to death every year. Play long enough in MT and it will happen to you. And as others are saying, good luck ever drawing a permit of you're never in the draw. I'm going on a horrible record of either getting a released combo and or just not drawing a combo period. Can't even get my name in the hat

Not talking alt list, talking released combos. This topic gets beat to death every year. Play long enough in MT and it will happen to you. And as others are saying, good luck ever drawing a permit of you're never in the draw. I'm going on a horrible record of either getting a released combo and or just not drawing a combo period. Can't even get my name in the hat
I think in the last 5 years , I’ve actually had my name in the LE hat twice . Got a “released” tag once and got turned down entirely twice . Expecting the same this year most likely turned down entirely

Back