AZ Javalina interest

WHOCARES

Spending a couple months in Lake Havasu, Az and brought my bow along. Any members down here? I plan to try and get a left over javalina tag and hunt this month. Know very little about it. Have been exploring the desert around here but I will have to hunt the area East of here best I have figured out. Will be doing solo hunt. Would appreciate any hunt tips or hear from members in this area.

Sorry bud, I'm not familiar with that corner of the state.

From my experience I see higher numbers of javies in areas that have a lot prickly pear.

You will certainly find them at higher and lower elevations than the prickly pear belt but that habitat seems to have higher concentrations of them.

http://www.javelinahunter.com/ is an awesome source for just about anything you want to know about hunting them.

The AZGFD website has good information on general areas to check out for each hunting unit.

http://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/hunting_units_kingman.shtml

Good luck and have fun.

I have hunted pigs near Kingman...not too far from you. I don't know what leftover tags there are, but pigs tend to always live in one area unless you kill them all. There are javelina that live right next to I40 in the Big Sandy along Hackberry road. Hunt to the north toward the next exit...either side of the freeway. Another good area is go east along Burro creek. Glass when the sun comes up on hillsides facing the east with lots of prickly pear. They move out into he sun and can be incredibly hard to see... They are the size of large rocks. Be patient...they are there.

Thanks for the tips. Hunted Wikieup area today and will work that area. was fun to get out but didn't see any. Have thru the 24th so will get after it. Will give a final report! People I've talked to make it sound easy but where have we heard that before?? Just fun to be out there in January.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back