AZ Gov tag bull.

sturge

Shot by Stan Atwoods. Estimated @ 410"

Attachments

• 2010azgovtag.jpg
    2010azgovtag.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 648
+1 mtmiller!!!! I love the proud hunters in these pics! It is not ever my intention to insult the team hunting concept but lets admit it for what it is and bring the school bus full of spotters, guides and subcontractors involved in his harvest into the pic!!!!.

Sweet bull either way though!

Pardon the armchairing interruption here, but at his age, 70, I am not sure I wouldn't do the same thing.

Big bull no doubt, but I would rather take a rag horn doing all the work than pay for that bull. It wold be much more rewarding. LIL

Kinda along the lines of winning a super lottery for hunting - though this is one paid $$$ usually in an auction or straight out sale for a good cause.
That would be the short answer... :) (as I understand them)

In Az, there are Govenor's or Commissioners tags. Both the same thing. They are given to wildlife conservation groups to auction. The tag allows you to hunt anywhere in the state, with the exception of the reservations, and any date from August to August. Az gives up 3 tags for each big game species. 2 go to groups, and 1 goes to the super raffle. In this case, the hunter either won it at auction at either the RMEF banquet in Utah or won it at the Arizona Elk Society banquet. By win, I mean outbid everyone else. And yes, it is fair chase.

The tag allows you to hunt anywhere in the state, with the exception of the reservations, and any date from August to August.

And yes, it is fair chase.

12 month hunting season doesn't fit into fair chase in my opinion. Others mileage may differ.

Agree with Miller...although in fairness, at least he didnt shoot the thing in the velvet...

IMO, governors tag holders should have to declare a hunting unit upon receipt of the tag and be limited to the same seasons as public hunters.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back