Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Az Elk Hunt In 2010

gottahunt

I'm looking for a good zone to put in for with 6 points for a good bull maybe zone 3 ?

Rifle, archery or mzzld? Are you a resident or a non-resident? There are a couple of "3's". 3a/3c and 3B, neither are gimmies with 6 points.

Good luck. Hope you find a unit you like.

Might want to avoid applying in the units I apply for, as we have seven points, and I would feel bad about taking your tag. :eek:

Thinking this will be the year that I will draw Unit 10 early bull rifle again. Well, more likely Unit 10 late cow...and maybe not even that, given my difficulty in drawing tags.

Nonres hunter. . I'll hunt rifle or muzzle . I'm looking for a good bull. I've got a 320 from New Mex back in 2000. I applied for 3 B last year muzzle.

Gottahunt;
I'm going to risk a guess and say "6A" late muzzleloader would be a good choice.

Randy, with your luck drawing tags I would skip the applications and just buy a single ticket for the Gov. tag, and start planning your hunt.

Thinking this will be the year that I will draw Unit 10 early bull rifle again. Well, more likely Unit 10 late cow...and maybe not even that, given my difficulty in drawing tags.
Ha Ha.... Now that is funny Randy. I can't believe you typed that with a straight face. :)

The 6a ml hunt would be a good bet. Unless you just have to go this year keep building the points putting in where you want to hunt. Then go to CO or NM if you just have to scratch the itch.
The 6a hunt in Nov can be a very good late hunt and it can be very tough and there sa few ways to go about hunting it ie spot and stalk still hunting, water or even a wilderness area with horses etc just depends on your flavor. But if i was a NR and applying I would keep hammering away at a premium tag becuase it is more than likely a once ina lifetime deal.
I dont know about the 27 late tag for NR but if the odds are about the same as the 6a I would go that direction without a doubt.

I hate to get into these conversations once units in AZ start getting mentioned but here goes.

I always recommend to keep the previous years regulations on hand in AZ. That way you can compare the number of tags in your targeted unit from year to year. They do change, sometimes drastically one way or the other. The hunt that is getting recommened has 100 less tags in it this year, than it did in 2009. That's going to effect the odds, especally for a NR with 6 points.

With 6 points, there are a little over or a little under 7000 NR with as many or more points than you. When you look at sites like hunterstrailhead, keep in mind that AZ doesn't not differentiate between NR and residents in their draw odd statistics.

Not raining on your parade, just giving a little advice. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

thanks for all the info guys . I think I have my apps figured out for Az. in 2010. I appreciate all the help with draw odds and areas. Steve

Back