Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

AZ auction tags going away

If google is correct, there are approx. 350,000 hunters in Arizona. If the auction tag system raised 3.2 million dollars last year according the social media post above, then AZGFD only needs to charge every hunter an additional $9 to replace that revenue, make it an even $10. All of the folks saying the sky is falling because they won't have rich dudes buying tags need to realize that they is a lot of buying power in the general hunting population.
Absolutely and lets not forget, these auction tags, governors tags, commission tags, are all rather recent.

The wildlife and hunting were, IMO, much better before they existed when the GF agencies were funded without them. I keep hearing about all the "good" they do, but I'm seeing less sheep tags, less moose tags, less mule deer, less pronghorn.

If a CEO ran a multi-million company with comparable results to what the auction/gov/comm tags are bringing in regard to more animals on the landscape, they would be fired, yesterday.

I do think they have provided some good things, funded a few projects, but IMO, I would much rather just shell out another $10 as noted by @idelkslayer suggested to cover those.

I feel like I contributed a few cents to his projects based on the price of his sandwiches.
I’ve never understood the appeal to his sandwiches. They’re made fast? I can think of a pile of small sandwiches shops I’ve ate at that were far superior

I feel like the federal government should be subsidizing auction tags, to the tune of about .35 cents on the dollar …that number seems about right to me. Hunting is conservation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back