Awesome AZ deer

Oak

Expert
Supposedly killed by the governor's tag holder.

http://wassonhuntingservices.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=11632#11632

27_paxbuck_1.jpg

MNHunter, I use to think the same....but over the years they're starting to grow on me.....Great Buck!

No deer hunter with an IQ over 40 would pass on that bad boy, velevet or not. That thing is a monster!
Keep us posted if you get any of the story Oak! Thanks

justdada said:
No deer hunter with an IQ over 40 would pass on that bad boy, velevet or not. That thing is a monster!
Keep us posted if you get any of the story Oak! Thanks
but....would you pay 100K for it?:D

From the AZ Deer Association website:
The 2006 banquet was held on April 8 and raised more money for wildlife than any ADA banquet in recent history. Our net profit was $252,518. A large majority of that, $146,055 will go to the Arizona Game and Fish Department and be allocated to habitat projects through the Habitat Partnership Committee process. That money was raised by the sale of three Special Auction tags (1 for Mule deer, 2 for Coues Deer). Those lucky people who bought those tags will be able to hunt throughout the state and 365 days a year! Congratulations to the high bidders! The Mule deer tag sold for $100,000. While the two Coues tags sold for $24,000 and $21,000 each.

Weren't there two Governors tags this year? I thought one was sold at auction at the banquet and the other was raffled off.

:cool:

mtmiller said:
but....would you pay 100K for it?:D

I wish I had a 100K to spend on it becuase that means that I would have a lot more time to hunt. Seeing how I would be filthy rich and not need to work so much.:D

The 2006 banquet was held on April 8 and raised more money for wildlife than any ADA banquet in recent history. Our net profit was $252,518. A large majority of that, $146,055 will go to the Arizona Game and Fish Department and be allocated to habitat projects through the Habitat Partnership Committee process. That money was raised by the sale of three Special Auction tags (1 for Mule deer, 2 for Coues Deer). Those lucky people who bought those tags will be able to hunt throughout the state and 365 days a year! Congratulations to the high bidders! The Mule deer tag sold for $100,000. While the two Coues tags sold for $24,000 and $21,000 each.
Lucky??? That is an interesting word. Maybe they meant rich?

I won't debate the Book, but do you think any deer harvested under the special season should be allowed entered in the "Book"? I know it is supposed to be a recognition of the animal, but let's draw the line somewhere. Would this be considered fair chase? Obviously legal, but fair chase?

That being said, if someone donated the same hunt to me I would not be sitting at home in August thinking about archery pronghorn hunting for the following week.:D

Sweet deer.

I've seen rich people piss of more $$$ on much less...IMO. I agree with ya Miller, in part, but if I had that kind of dough, I'd do it in a minute & quote Buzz's, "Jimmy crack yada yada yada".:D

I see your point, Miller, and agree with you that it's not nearly as much of an accomplishment when you've got the entire fall/winter season to get 'er done. It's kind of a slippery slope, though. Where do you draw the line? I don't agree with tags that allow these guys to whack a buck in Dec. or Jan on winter range. So should we say anything killed after Nov. 30th isn't allowed? Nov. 15th?

The "book" is the root of a lot of problems in hunting today, IMO. I know it was set up to acknowledge the animal, but that's not the way most hunters see it. Funny thing is, I don't remember the names of too many people that I have read about having killed big bucks, but I remember the bucks.

It's an incredible buck, but not much of a hunting accomplishment.

Actually I like the Montana is running their Super Tag hunts. Hunt any area or season that is open to the rest of the tag holders. This 365 day season is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Hell, in a couple years maybe they will have pictures of the bucks a guy can shoot before they open the bids.

The 365 day season is a little extreme imo. I'll agree with Craig on the Montana (and Idaho) super tag hunts as a better set up. No special season, but you can hunt any open hunt.

Velvet or not I think its kind of an ugly rack, but I'd shoot him any day of the week and be happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back