Australian Mountan Hog hunt.

Huntfit

A few weeks ago a mate and I discovered a new population of wild pigs, so early Sat morning we headed out to check them out.

After glassing over a lot of rooted up pasture we headed in for a closer look and spotted a mob of 4 with a big litter of suckers at hoof.

My camera was playing up, so I didn't get any real good live images, which I generally enjoy doing before taking a shot.

Anyway, we dropped pins on 2 porkers only to have the hillside opposite us explode with them.

This pig in the bottom two pics pulled up about 250 yards out and looked back in the direction of all the commotion and I nailed him with the 338/06, he dropped on the spot. I have been fiddling around with loads out of this rifle a bit and was very happy with the performance,

Hope you enjoy.

Very nice!! That's a big 'un! Great pics and thanks for sharing. I love seeing how it's being done in other places.

Mate, they will live almost anywhere, this one was at aprox. 1600, but they can and do turn up at most elevations that will support lifeforms, real hardy buggars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back