MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Auction: For A Great Cause!

Sytes

The Great Cause: Yellowstone Boys And Girls Ranch. To those who put your heart into our challenged youth, hats off to you!

Background: I Came across a quantity of, "First Day Of Issue" U.S. Stamp/Envelopes. Most, have a print number by "Doris Gold" (example below) and the rare thought dawned upon this hollow log of a skull. Buy these, auction them off and donate to a worthy cause! Maybe I hit my head on a display or something though figured - what the heck, let's give it a go! You may find these for more or less on the open market... It's for the fun of the event. It's for YBGR. I don't expect we'll donate some massive amount $$$, though I hope it tops what I paid for these.

Example:
Sinatra.jpg

Basic disclaimer:
These do not come with any certificate / authenticity notes, etc. Some have a typed note within the envelope that simply shares a base of historical information about the featured envelope and stamp. Some have a plastic sleeve. Basically, what you see is what you're buying at face value - as is. This is more for the donation side and some fun with the specifics of the envelope - something you may like. I have a couple set to frame - They're pretty cool!
My costs are 100% involved in this donation. I don't keep a penny. A portion of your bid covers mailing your winning bid(s), hence the purpose for the reserve.

Bid Reserve: Reserve beginning bid for each "First Day Of Issue" Envelope / Stamp: $3.00.

How this works:
  • PM your bid(s) and the Page# associated with the "First Day Of Issue" U.S. Stamp/Envelope(s). I'll respond to you with a bid ID.
  • Each evening, I'll edit this post with an updated list of the highest bidder, by your assigned ID and the value at the time of the update as an attached Excel sheet.
  • The bidding closes January 1st, 1800 Mountain Standard Time. Bids PM'd to me after that time will not be accepted.
  • Excluding a person's Hunt Talk ID, this will be 100% transparent. The total dollars will be visible at each update. The receipts for each mailed packet (address/name will be omitted) and receipt request return from YBGR will be added to present the total.
  • All payments will be accepted via Google Pay. https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7625055?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en unless other arrangements are agreed upon at time of bidding.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• HT 1 thru 6.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • HT 7 thru 12.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • HT 13 thru 18.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • HT 19 thru 24.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • HT 25 thru 30.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • HT 31 thru 36.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
  • HT 37 thru 42.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • HT 43 thru 48.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Each PDF has 6 pages, each page has a photo of a different envelope/stamp. A total of 48 "First Day Of Issue" U.S. Stamp/Envelope(s) are available.

Here are a couple examples from the PDF labeled "HT 13 thru 18":

1608826624981.png
1608826230182.png

Well, no bids. I must have knocked my head into a display thinking a charitable run would work.

Meh, off to ebay they go.

It's back on... apparently I was a bit quick to can the idea. Three sets of bids placed. I'm not in a rush so I'll run this through the first.
Regardless wherever these sell, be it here or after the 1st with the remainder w/o bids elsewhere, all $ will go to YBGR.

$3.00 first bid... not breaking any banks here folks. It's for a great cause. I need the auctioneer side to come out... :D

Thank you for your bids! :) Great to see the charitable spirit within Hunt Talk! :) I have first hand experience with Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch. Their funding to provide the best opportunities for youth faced with challenging hurdles is essential to the level of care / support.

I'll combine a maximum of two items if the value for each is $10 or more. See example 2 & 20. Hunt Talk bidder requested both combined for $25. The ultimate goal is to raise money for YBGR so the auction will be flexible to accommodate the most $.

Pm your bid for the item(s), I'll assign you a bid ID and record as shown below. Thanks again!

1608998178296.png

This replaces the original attempt to present 12/25 bids and will use this process going forward. Thanks all!

Attachments

• HT Auction YBGR.pdf
    225.4 KB · Views: 0
Bump for a good cause
Thanks Addicting. Appreciate the bump earlier.

Figured I'd throw a bump with a few treats. I'll update the bid sheet this evening (2100 hrs MST roughly).

$3.00 is the opening bid and that covers shipping, etc. It's a fancy coffee price (or cheaper) :)

A few teasers.

1609112000393.png

1609112072746.png

1609112154981.png

1609112304678.png

12/27/20 No Change.

1609126116819.png

Attachments

• 122720 HT AUCTION.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 0
We currently have five great HT bidders.

Join us.

It's for the charitable aspect for youth that face challenges, more often than not, forced upon their shoulders by others. From "Meth babies" and the hurdles continue as the age progresses, physical / sexual abuse, neglect/abandonment... etc. it's endless - yet these youths shoulder this and will either find means to fight the demons, jump the hurdles thrown in front of them, or... possibly become a burden on society, crime, prison, to be the same as the parent(s), abusers, manipulators, that left these children having to learn to deal with these terrible challenges.

I'll raise a toast to you Hunt Talk members for these young ones...

I will mail the items you won BEFORE you send me the winning bid value. To assure the ball's in your court for integrity/ethics, that's a hands down, fair guarantee.
Top that, if one opts to stiff me of the bid value, I'll still honor that bid for Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch up to $25 per bidder.

As I said in the beginning - this will be as transparent as possib le while respecting the privacy of each bidders direct information. You will see the total and, as I've stated, the last post of this thread will have a photo/scan of the donation receipt from YBGR.

Some great people here. Some who know of my connection with YBGR and the smile it brings to support our challenged youth.

Join us. It's pennies. We're not seeking any more than you're willing to bid. $3.00 and you can use the envelope as kindling or to frame. :)

Last edited:
If any are so inclined to big, I can assure you that the Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch does some amazing work. And they have a staff of gift planning experts who they loan out to a lot of other non-profit groups who don't have that specialized skill on staff.

Thanks for doing this @Sytes.

Thanks for your words Randy. Much appreciated.

No change in the bids for today.

1609216578898.png

Attachments

• 122820 HT AUCTION.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 4
Another bidder has shared support for Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch. Thank you! The bid sheet will be updated the evening.

Here are a couple samples that include a folded print sheet inside the envelope. It would be great had Doris Gold signed for the printing of the documents. An informative record for the envelope none the less. :)

Attachments

• POW MIA Envelope Stamp.png
    POW MIA Envelope Stamp.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • Alfred Hitchcock.png
    Alfred Hitchcock.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Welcome A06! Hunt Talk member joins the Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch Auction. Thank you!

Join us. It's enjoyable and for a great cause. :)

1609303329584.png

Attachments

• 122920 HT AUCTION.pdf
    225.6 KB · Views: 2
I don't need anymore collections but I went online and made a donation to the Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch. Seems like an outstanding group (and it is Christmas)!

I don't need anymore collections but I went online and made a donation to the Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch. Seems like an outstanding group (and it is Christmas)!
That's pretty awesome of you to dig in further and find it a worthy cause to place a donation directly with YBGR. However one chooses to go about is well regarded!
Maybe not directly impressed upon the youth at YBGR though indirectly they certainly benefit! :)

I've had the opportunity to meet a young man who was on a very bent, destructive path due to his birth parent piss poor drug and violent (OMG oriented) choices.
As a boy, he didn't desire to know right from wrong... only to satisfy his impulse at the time. He was placed at YBGR, found God, and now?
He's now a county firefighter in a major metropolis - with a valued mentality to give aid to those in need.
What a way to crack life's curve ball over the left field wall!

An update: A Hunt Talk bidder has requested a $5 bid placed on ALL items with a bid currently less than $5.

I'll tell ya, at first I thought maybe this was a dead idea here... how wrong I was.

Join us! It's for that warm feeling of doing something that just feels so right.

We're down to the wire friends! 31st and January 1st to place your bid(s)!

For the Yellowstone Boys And Girls Ranch! Join us. :)

1609389134065.png

Attachments

• 123020 HT AUCTION.pdf
    230.2 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back