ATV for transportation in the field

Nobody ever messes with my wheeler for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• b51941c5311c5e0ac547c5f023df57b3[1].jpg
    b51941c5311c5e0ac547c5f023df57b3[1].jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 570
Please don't lump everybody into this category. So we ride an ATV to a trailhead, you drive a truck, so what.. We turn guys in every year because they don't read the travel plans or regs.

I see it all the time. Those with ATV's, If they can get there with it, that's what they do, get there.

Please don't lump everybody into this category. So we ride an ATV to a trailhead, you drive a truck, so what.. We turn guys in every year because they don't read the travel plans or regs.

You might as well be using a crossbow with lighted knocks, scumbag. JK. :)

I havnt had issues yet,,just park to the side of the designated trail or open road/trailhead and pull key,,insurance at $100 a year seems fairly reasonable,,also try not to leave anything too spendy in the side bags when possible.Believe it or not,I do think the majority of atvers are responsible folks,,its a miner % that mess it up and make us all look bad.

On the subject of beating a dead horse, I will say this.
10 years ago my favorite mountains were full of douchey putz's riding offroad illegally.
Now there seems to be a lot fewer ATV's and those I see seem to be following the letter of the law if not the color. While I don't prefer to utilize ATV's for access I don't begrudge those who do so legally. But I still look down on them.

Well, the one time I went out west we did take My Honda Big Red 3 wheeler and only stuck to the main roads that a truck could drive up. Rig went one direction from base camp, atv the other. I only pulled it to the side of the trail and took the key. No issues. The irony is that the elk I did shoot was only 800 feet from camp and 200 feet from an "improved trail" meaning good enough to drive a trailer on.

Sorry, I don't mean to lump everybody with a 4wheeler together.
I do however see it all the time though, A wheeler in the back of the pickup as far as the pickup will go. Then the wheeler goes across country. For sure, when the game is down, the wheeler.
I get made fun of, but I still at nearly 65, bone and pack, on my back. :eek::confused::eek:
Yeah! I do have problems with those that use the wheel machines illegally. Not at all you that don't.

I agree with Highwood. I apologize to all of you legal riders. My opinion of ATVs has been formed by the abuse I have seen. I hope it changes. mtmuley

Yup as in being up on a ridge at o'dark thirty. And some dipwads are picking their way up through the bottoms on no roads. Seems more and more that people just aren't giving a rip.

I agree with Highwood. I apologize to all of you legal riders. My opinion of ATVs has been formed by the abuse I have seen. I hope it changes. mtmuley

WOW! some serious hatred flowing here. I use my ATV as transportation like any of you would use your truck. In addition I find it easier to move from one spot to another on some of the steep roads in the Sierra's of California. I suffer from too many years of "hey kid move that piano" to walk down a road from camp a couple of miles when I can hop on and ride. Won't ask again concerning ATV's and hunting.

Cammy, your thread is a good one.
I mentioned along with a couple others, the 4wheelers are fine.
The same rules apply to the wheeled rigs, pickup or atv's. Many think not.
You are good to go, best of luck.

Haters are going to hate. I would still drive my quad 5 or 6 miles deep to pick any of them up from their camp if they were hurt. Now if I was on an open trail and they were struggling to drag an animal or carry a heavy pack.......Sucks to be you! JK! LOL!!! I would wave as I passed.

Mtmuley im not sure if you confront those who violate off road use or just report them. In this day and age it would be wise to just report them with a vehicle id and or license number. I'm not telling you what to do but your loved ones would rather see you come home alive. The risk of a confrontation is not worth being killed or being permanently disabled. If road or trail restrictions are being abused report it to a warden,forest service,blm etc. and let them confront the violators.
Any mode of transportation should be supported as long as the travel plans for roads and trails are followed. It's no different than someone condemning a compound over a stick bow. If it's legal support it, if it's illegal report it.

Any mode of transportation should be supported as long as the travel plans for roads and trails are followed. It's no different than someone condemning a compound over a stick bow. If it's legal support it, if it's illegal report it.

Agreed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back