Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I swear there used to be a feature that showed deer density. Was that feature removed or am I missing it?
I don't believe we ever had a deer density layer, but we do species distribution and migration routes for some states. For example, in Colorado we have a layer called "CO Species Activity." Is that what you may have seen?

Do you plan on mapping Canada anytime ?
We do have data for much of Canada currently. While we don't have private lands data for each province and territory like we do in the US, we do have crown land and other public lands for much of the country. We're working to acquire more lands data and include it in the app, but private landowner data is subject to an entirely different set of laws, so it is much more difficult, if not impossible, to acquire that data like we have in the US.

We do have data for much of Canada currently. While we don't have private lands data for each province and territory like we do in the US, we do have crown land and other public lands for much of the country. We're working to acquire more lands data and include it in the app, but private landowner data is subject to an entirely different set of laws, so it is much more difficult, if not impossible, to acquire that data like we have in the US.
IHunter has it. You guys can get it. 😏

Simple question, probably answered previously:
- When displaying/calculating distance traveled, does the resulting distance factor in elevation change or is it horizontal distance only?

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked. I used the search function and couldn’t find anything. Is there a way I can have my iPad display in landscape mode? I know I can rotate the image but it’s annoying to use in portrait mode. Thanks.

Apologies if this has been asked. I used the search function and couldn’t find anything. Is there a way I can have my iPad display in landscape mode? I know I can rotate the image but it’s annoying to use in portrait mode. Thanks.
Sadly that is a “no” for ipad and iphone. Woulda thought they would have made that available long ago.

@onX Hunt Just saw the email for Snotel data added to the backcountry app. No love for the hunt app with this info?
We do not have plans to include Snotel in the Hunt App at this time, but I will pass your suggestion along to the Product Managers.

Unfortunately, the App is not available in landscape mode at this time.

I would like the ability to create a perimeter line around the 8000' elevation band that is generated when using Terrain-X, as shown below. Doing so would allow me to import that shape/path into OnX maps for continued e-scouting.

Untitled.jpg

I would like the ability to create a perimeter line around the 8000' elevation band that is generated when using Terrain-X, as shown below. Doing so would allow me to import that shape/path into OnX maps for continued e-scouting.

View attachment 306782
Thank you for that suggestion. We can definitely see the utility in that feature. We'll pass that along to the engineering folks.

@onX Hunt
You have a 2 state plan. If I choose that, can I defer choosing my second state til I need it or do you need to choose upon subscription.

I’ll use onX in my home state and in another not yet determined..

What is the status of android auto???? Been waiting since summer!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back