Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

The web version or the mobile version? because the latter opens up where I left it, but the web app doesn't. And its only frustrating because it starts to download all this 3d data for an area I never wanted
Both.

Maybe this is a stupid question... but how do I change the location OnX web app opens to? For some reason it always opens to Wyoming, and I have no idea why. Feel like I'm missing something obvious ha
The App and Web Map are both designed to open up to the area that you were viewing when you last closed the map. We are not able to ping your location until you click the location button on the map and that is why it does not open up to your current location. At this time, we do not have the option for the user to designate a standard location for the map to open up to, but if that is something you would find useful, I can pass that along to our engineering team here.

The App and Web Map are both designed to open up to the area that you were viewing when you last closed the map. We are not able to ping your location until you click the location button on the map and that is why it does not open up to your current location. At this time, we do not have the option for the user to designate a standard location for the map to open up to, but if that is something you would find useful, I can pass that along to our engineering team here.
Thanks for the response - weirdly enough this corrected itself within the last few days. A couple of thoughts to pass along to engineering:

1. It would be really cool to open up to a pinned hunt, but most of the time that is the last area I've looked at, so it should normally open to that

2. What would be REALLY awesome is if you guys created an arrow tool that we could use to draw on our maps when sharing with hunting partners, etc to display wind, direction of travel, hunting pressure etc. I know I can draw a rudimentary line and arrow points, but it would be cool if you guys had a tool where we draw a line and we can add arrow heads to each end, just one, and in an ideal world, we can also arc that line. That would be next level and save me from having to screenshot and then draw on the screenshot with an apple pen

Thanks for the response - weirdly enough this corrected itself within the last few days. A couple of thoughts to pass along to engineering:

1. It would be really cool to open up to a pinned hunt, but most of the time that is the last area I've looked at, so it should normally open to that

2. What would be REALLY awesome is if you guys created an arrow tool that we could use to draw on our maps when sharing with hunting partners, etc to display wind, direction of travel, hunting pressure etc. I know I can draw a rudimentary line and arrow points, but it would be cool if you guys had a tool where we draw a line and we can add arrow heads to each end, just one, and in an ideal world, we can also arc that line. That would be next level and save me from having to screenshot and then draw on the screenshot with an apple pen
That is good feedback, I'll be sure to pass that along to the engineers.

how well does your maps label county roads?
We use a national data source for most of our maintained roads data. Of course, there is always the possibility of some errors, but we have found our data source to be quite accurate overall. If you see what you believe to be an inaccurately marked road or some other type of error, please use the error reporting feature within the app to report that to our Mapping Team so that they can work to get it corrected.

@onX Hunt, a recommended improvement would be to allow the app to adjust to landscape while on an iPad. Most apps do this as you rotate the tablet. onX unfortunately stays fixed and then is sideways.

@onX Hunt, a recommended improvement would be to allow the app to adjust to landscape while on an iPad. Most apps do this as you rotate the tablet. onX unfortunately stays fixed and then is sideways.
We will pass that along to our Engineering team. Thank you!

We will pass that along to our Engineering team. Thank you!
Just being honest. No way that request has not been asked dozens of times already? Helpful would be occasional posts stating where are working on X, Y or Z improvements for 2023 updates.

My terrain x is coming up, but no map wo go along with it. Its just a white screen. I am sure it is user error. Any suggestions?

Just being honest. No way that request has not been asked dozens of times already? Helpful would be occasional posts stating where are working on X, Y or Z improvements for 2023 updates.
I just chatted with a member of our Engineering Team. Basically, right now our Offroad team is working on building landscape mode and it will be available in that app first. The reason for this is that Offroad has, by far, the largest portion of users that utilize tablets. Tablet users are a pretty small number of of the overall Hunt App users, and landscape mode is not as critical of a features on the smaller phone app for most phone users. So it is not that we don't want to build landscape mode, but we try to prioritize the new features and improvements that impact the largest number of users. So that is a long way of saying that landscape mode is on our roadmap, but it is not going to be available in the near future. I'm sure that is not the answer you were hoping to hear, but I don't want to set unrealistic expectations that are not likely to be met.

@onX Hunt Do you have a combined membership option? I already am paying for the Premium hunt membership, but would like the ability to use OnX on uconnect - do I need to purchase the Offroad membership as well?

@onX Hunt Do you have a combined membership option? I already am paying for the Premium hunt membership, but would like the ability to use OnX on uconnect - do I need to purchase the Offroad membership as well?
You do not need to purchase Offroad to view the map on your vehicle screen. If you have an Apple device, it should show up on your dash screen when you connect your phone. Android auto is not available just yet, but it is coming soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back