Caribou Gear Tarp

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Is there a way to find historic fire maps for Minnesota in On-X? Seems I have seen fire maps for other states, like Wyoming, but not MN.

If not On-X, any other sources? On-line for instance.

Is there a way to find historic fire maps for Minnesota in On-X? Seems I have seen fire maps for other states, like Wyoming, but not MN.

If not On-X, any other sources? On-line for instance.
All onX Hunt members get access to our "Historic Wildfire" layers which highlights those on the map and includes information such as acreage burned and when it started. You can find it under the Hunt Section of the Map Layers menu.

For more info on that layer, you can check out this page. HISTORICAL WILDFIRES

@onX Hunt When you create a new "area" polygon, are you required to choose a fill color? Is there a way to choose "no fill" or adjust the transparency of the fill so that it is easier to see the layers behind?

I really like using the area tool to identify areas that I'd like to check out in person, but I find it hard to see the satellite images/topo lines that post behind the area polygon, especially with the land layers turned on too.

@onX Hunt When you create a new "area" polygon, are you required to choose a fill color? Is there a way to choose "no fill" or adjust the transparency of the fill so that it is easier to see the layers behind?

I really like using the area tool to identify areas that I'd like to check out in person, but I find it hard to see the satellite images/topo lines that post behind the area polygon, especially with the land layers turned on too.
At this time you do need to select an internal fill color, there is a white option that makes it the easiest to see the underlying imagery so I would recommend that for now. I'll pass that along to our team though and see if we can get a "no fill" option. Thanks for the feedback!

At this time you do need to select an internal fill color, there is a white option that makes it the easiest to see the underlying imagery so I would recommend that for now. I'll pass that along to our team though and see if we can get a "no fill" option. Thanks for the feedback!
Awesome. I appreciate the follow-up! Another improvement, IMO, for the area polygons would be the ability to post a label for them on your map. For example, I will often highlight 5-6 areas that I am interested in hunting for a particular unit. It would be helpful to label them with a "1, 2, 3..." based on my priority for checking them out (first choice, second choice,...). I currently save that information in the title or notes for that layer, but being able to post a simple label on the map would be a lot quicker and easier.

Another strong +1 for the no-fill option!

I love the radius feature, but I can only get the radius circle I set on my waypoints to show up in my browser and not the app. @onX Hunt am I missing something or does that really only work in the browser?

Recently, when I am using the create path or line feature on a laptop it lags behind where on the app it does not. Is there a fix so there isn’t a lag on a laptop/desktop?

I love the radius feature, but I can only get the radius circle I set on my waypoints to show up in my browser and not the app. @onX Hunt am I missing something or does that really only work in the browser?
The radius tool is only available on the Web Map currently but it will be coming to mobile in the future!

Recently, when I am using the create path or line feature on a laptop it lags behind where on the app it does not. Is there a fix so there isn’t a lag on a laptop/desktop?
Are you saying that when you are drawing a line when you click to drop a point that it takes a little while for the point to actually drop?

Feel free to give us a call at 406-540-1600 for the quickest help so we can help ensure all the settings are good to go.

Are you saying that when you are drawing a line when you click to drop a point that it takes a little while for the point to actually drop?

Feel free to give us a call at 406-540-1600 for the quickest help so we can help ensure all the settings are good to go.
That’s what I’m saying only on laptop or desktop.

I have the same issue recently. Sometimes I am 10 points ahead. Not a big deal as it always catches up and is accurate.

Thanks for clarifying, I'll pass that along to our team. What browser are you using so we can dig into this further?

Will there be an option to swap out the satellite maps for a different type or time stamp? A lot of the high country has snow in it on the satellite view on onx. My brother uses GAIA and he has a few different satellite versions to choose from. And lots without snow in the high country.

Will there be an option to swap out the satellite maps for a different type or time stamp? A lot of the high country has snow in it on the satellite view on onx. My brother uses GAIA and he has a few different satellite versions to choose from. And lots without snow in the high country.
Stay tuned! We are looking into additional options for that exact reason.

Hopefully I haven't asked this question before, if so, apologies.

Is there a way to see a lat/long at my location on my screen without saving it as a point? I just want a location that I can put on a white board for a quick photo point and not have to go through the saving point to my device. Obviously this was possible with chips on Garmin devices, but not figuring it out on my phone.

Hopefully I haven't asked this question before, if so, apologies.

Is there a way to see a lat/long at my location on my screen without saving it as a point? I just want a location that I can put on a white board for a quick photo point and not have to go through the saving point to my device. Obviously this was possible with chips on Garmin devices, but not figuring it out on my phone.
Full disclosure; I am a luddite. But I think if you hit the little button lower right and show your location, then the elevation and coordinates show on the lower left.

(Reason I know is that the deputy responding to 911 call from my wife when I broke my knee in the wilderness coached her to that screen and determined our location.)

Full disclosure; I am a luddite. But I think if you hit the little button lower right and show your location, then the elevation and coordinates show on the lower left.

(Reason I know is that the deputy responding to 911 call from my wife when I broke my knee in the wilderness coached her to that screen and determined our location.)
I am a fool. I see that I had "hide coordinates" activated. I don't have the lot/long on screen, but by "pressing" a point very close to my location, I can get that info. I should have investigated further before asking the question. My bad. thanks for the response

I am a fool. I see that I had "hide coordinates" activated. I don't have the lot/long on screen, but by "pressing" a point very close to my location, I can get that info. I should have investigated further before asking the question. My bad. thanks for the response
I'm a bigger fool. Straight Arrow's trick doesn't work and if I press I get a waypoint planted without coordinates. Explain this to me like I'm a 12 year old....

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back