Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ask Your Muzzleloader Questions Here - Thanks to CVA

Really looking forward to watching this thread, I’ve been browsing muzzle loaders the last 2 seasons and haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. Always just treated that 2 weeks of season as archery, but about time to take advantage.
From your profile name I am guessing you are a Tennessean as well? I live about an hour east of Nashville myself. Please feel free to ask any questions and myself or one of our team members will be happy to assist you! Rick

Fin I would love to see some muzzleloader hunts on your show, I don't know how it works with your planning of hunts and such but during a general season in MT if you could sneak out for a day or two with a smoke pole I would be among many people who would enjoy it.

Last edited:
Not CVA specific (don't think they're available in my country and don't think they do sidelocks) but I'd be interested to know what others do for extending their range out to say 200yds for hunting with open sights. I know there is the globe front sight but with the fine crosshairs I think that would be a struggle for in close bush hunting.

Probably going to order a pedersoli hawken hunter with a ghost ring and brass bead. Wondering if there is a better option sight wise.

Not CVA specific (don't think they're available in my country and don't think they do sidelocks) but I'd be interested to know what others do for extending their range out to say 200yds for hunting with open sights. I know there is the globe front sight but with the fine crosshairs I think that would be a struggle for in close bush hunting.

Probably going to order a pedersoli hawken hunter with a ghost ring and brass bead. Wondering if there is a better option sight wise.
I use a William's peep rear and a Marbles fiber optic front. It was worked very well for me.

I knocked one of the ram rod guides off my CVA MR. How do you put it back on? I really don't want to send the barrel back to CVA. By the way it's an extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

We are looking at some new designs for 2021, no telling what we may come out with since 2021 is our 50 year anniversary!
Rick

it would be nice to see someone think out of the box a bit and come out with something like a vintage style underhammer. It is the quintessential American Rifle and would be welcome by many in slightly different configurations from hunting to Creedmoor target shooting. As it is, if you want an underhammer, you have to build a custom. Nothing wrong with that, but so few people can or will take the trouble to research the style and source or make parts. Yet, they are the simplest, most reliable, and most American muzzleloader of all time.

I'd love to see something economical like the wolf in a 32cal. Would love to have it for squirrels. Any chance or just no market?

I'd love to see something economical like the wolf in a 32cal. Would love to have it for squirrels. Any chance or just no market?
The .32 has been a dead market for a while really...those vintage rifles that are still out there just take you back in time to use them anyways!
Rick

I knocked one of the ram rod guides off my CVA MR. How do you put it back on? I really don't want to send the barrel back to CVA. By the way it's an extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot.
If you will slide the ramrod into the forearm and lip one side of the keeper in place, you can hold the keeper in place with your thumbs while pulling the ramrod and clipping the other side into place. If the keeper got bent by chance, you'll want to get a couple sets of pliers to bend it back into shape if necessary and then proceed with the process I mentioned. Let us know if that works for you. Rick

I picked up a "staghorn magnum" used, but with no user manual. I couldn't find a user manual on your website under discontinued models. Any chance you can point me to one? I'm sure I'm missing tools required for cleaning and such. I have no experience with this type of MZ. Thanks in advance.

I picked up a "staghorn magnum" used, but with no user manual. I couldn't find a user manual on your website under discontinued models. Any chance you can point me to one? I'm sure I'm missing tools required for cleaning and such. I have no experience with this type of MZ. Thanks in advance.
I checked with customer service guys and we couldn't find anything on it since it has been discontinued for a bit. You may get some help from the CVA Shooter's page if you get a chance to look at it on Facebook. Guys have all sorts of older models on there.
Rick

Is that William's peep sight system compatible with your other muzzleloaders? If so, which ones?

Also, could one use a CVA Williams Ace In The Hole picatinny rail sight with the same globe? If so, maybe offer that as a package? Lot of folks probably go back and forth on scopes/open sights and might be a cool option. Just spitballing.

Thanks!

Is that William's peep sight system compatible with your other muzzleloaders? If so, which ones?

Also, could one use a CVA Williams Ace In The Hole picatinny rail sight with the same globe? If so, maybe offer that as a package? Lot of folks probably go back and forth on scopes/open sights and might be a cool option. Just spitballing.

Thanks!
It may be compatible, I'll find out for certain...but with the configuration of the current stocks, it wouldn't feel comfortable. Rick

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back