artic oven

No, but if you have watched "Dropped project Alaska" they have used that tent on two of the three trips! I do like the fact it has a closed vestibule for storage.

I have been watching that, they seem to baa strong durable tent. My friend used a canvass wall tent last week, with winds blowing in Montana and no snow on the ground the strong winds blew out the heat from the wood burning stove. He said it was a miserable hunting trip. I need something alittle more comfortable than that.

I've used an Arctic Oven for work. Pretty much a bomb proof tent. Great to use when weight isn't a factor. The inner lining material seems to inhibit condensation very well so they're a great tent to pair with a stove for cold / wet weather conditions. Used by lots of AK guides in the most miserable of conditions, if that's worth any endorsement. Probably be my top choice if I were doing a lot of winter / late season camping and had the $$ to buy one. A similar tent is the Bombshelter. Both have their pros / cons, both are heavy, rock solid tents.

I stayed in a smaller version of the Oven on a caribou hunt in AK. We spent about 40 hrs. straight in the tent high on a ridge with rain, wind and fog. Stayed completely dry from the rain and lack of condensation. Great tent and great company. Everything Kaitum said is spot on including the weight.

Disclaimer: I was hunting with the owner of the company.

Seem like great tents, but I will add what I am guessing a lot of folks are thinking.... I would have to spent a LOT of time in the tent to justify that kind of $$$$ :) So says ye old miser!!!

artic tent

Well I need comfort since my wife is going deer hunting with me next year. Interesting how money becomes a non issue when they (the wife)needs comfort.

Well I need comfort since my wife is going deer hunting with me next year. Interesting how money becomes a non issue when they (the wife)needs comfort.

I'm sure you considered them already but a 'cheaper' alternative would be the Cabelas Guide Series tents. They're big enough for a couple cots and a Mr. Buddy heater, and tall enough in the center to stand up inside (for avg height folks). You could buy the tent, a heater, an uber fancy cot, a super cozy down sleeping bag, and others luxury items to keep your wife comfy in camp and still have $$ left over for what you'll pay for an AO.

:eek: Great googly moogly! :eek: $2200 for a tent? I almost wish I hadn't looked it up!

It is interesting, but jump on that opportunity! If she's good with it, I'd get it! Permission is harder to get than forgiveness. :D

I used a friend's arctic oven on an interior Alaska winter moose hunt. I don't think the temperature ever got above -25 over the three days we were out. The tent is amazing. Just a really first-rate piece of gear. Every bit as bomb proof, warm, etc. as they advertise. My buddy had if for a number of years at that point and never regretted the purchase.

I have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide tent now, and while I really like the tent, it is in nowhere near the same ballpark as the Arctic Oven.

SherpaPhil , thank you for that info. I have been going back and forth wall tent, artic oven, or cabelas tent. The artic oven is pricey and the shipping is going to be expensive, I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

SherpaPhil , thank you for that info. I have been going back and forth wall tent, artic oven, or cabelas tent. The artic oven is pricey and the shipping is going to be expensive, I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

In reference to shipping....you can get them through Bass Pro....Our store has one on display here in the Springs

I don't think you can do better for a cold weather tent that accepts a stove. I spent a couple nights in one at 12,000' in CO in March. We had that thing like a sauna, and with the liner it actually holds heat for a while after the stove dies out (much longer than a wall tent will).

If my wife wanted me to get one, I'd be all over it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MachineSub GN 4576225912G
Back