Arrow Heads

highmountian

I was wondering if I was the only unlucky sportsman that can't find any arrow heads. When I was a kid I found a couple while fishing but haven't found any in probably 25 years. I would like to see any pictures of arrow heads, if you guys have found any! I really don't just go out looking for them but maybe I need too! So lets see some pictures! :)

In the last few years I have found two. But no pictures. I found one in the Owyhees, but left it because I don't think you are supposed to take them. I found another one last year while hunting in New Mexico. I also found a big grinding bowl/stone about 1/2 mile from where I found the arrowhead. That was a cool find. I'm hoping to draw that New Mexico hunt again so I can go back and get some pictures of that bowl.

I think it's illegal to pick them up ? Maybe not.... But before I'd post a picture of one I'd have to check ;)

Fowladdict1, That is kinda why I posted the thread is because I drew a unit 17 archery tag in new mexico and was wondering if I had a chance to find one! Hope so, if I do I will take a picture of it and share it with you all! Moosie, Idahobulger I have seen and heard both ways. I quess I need to check the rules out. I think I would pick it up though! ;-)

HM,

My guess is you will be in Indian country and will have a chance to find one, but I would be watching out for spiders too!!

You would have to say that! Man I hate spiders. Hopefully I will be to busy chasing big bulls to pay attention!

Sorry for scaring you. No doubt that the spiders are boone and crockett caliber. Maybe we can get Moosie or Bugler to post up some of their New Mexico spider photos. I can't find mine...but maybe that is because I didn't take any as there was no way I was going to get that close. ;)

I've heard some great stories of the tarantula migrations out there that when driving the roads it sounds like popcorn popping. That is a true story, just ask Big Fin.

Man, you guys are killing me! Those are some big siders for sure. IB, I know I will slow down and run as many over as possible. That way I know I will have something in the record books! :)

Keep your tent sealed if camping out. They like to crawl into warm sleeping bags at night.

Ok back on topic...I know it is illegal to pick arrowheads up on BLM lands...so watch your posting. Heck I think you can't even pee on BLM land anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back