Caribou Gear Tarp

Arkansas Elk

That "animal" in the picture appears to be a Red Stag and not an elk.

Encouraging news . . . . none the less.

That "animal" in the picture appears to be a Red Stag and not an elk.

Encouraging news . . . . none the less.

I noticed that also. It could be the angle but more likely a pic that was stolen from the internet.

At any rate that was 52 more elk than I knew were even in Arkansas. Think of the possibilities...bull elk, wood duck, and wild hog hunt combo. :hump:

You are right, that is a red stag.
You would think Arkansas gams and fish would take the time to get a pic of one of their own elk.

You are right, that is a red stag.
You would think Arkansas gams and fish would take the time to get a pic of one of their own elk.

I think they just did a press release with no photo, or with a good photo that lacked clear attribution, so the publisher just stuck some free crap in there. "Photo: Mike Watson Images, Getty Images/moodboard RF" is attributed to some guy and yet even another person tagged it as "Bugling Elk".

I gave up on expecting people to know what they are talking about, especially urban types, under the age of 50, who live in a cubicle. If I want to know how to text, tweet or twerk in virtual reality, where they live, I'll ask them. But when it comes to the Earth, you gotta talk to someone who's been there. :(

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back