Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Arizona Reports?

'Ike'

Ok, opening day where they at...Leave Monday to hunt the last 10 days, probably won't sleep through the weekend! :D

Attachments

• Destroyer 20Yds.jpg
    Destroyer 20Yds.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 337
Good luck on your hunt. I hope to see some big bull pics when you get back.

I've heard the same thing Stan........man I wish they'd move the archery season where it "used" to be. :)

Next year should be the 14th, it'll be better. Date and the weird weather are making it tough ( Also expectations are a real muther :confused:). I left today for a few days. The most noise I heard was this morning. I guess tonight the univeral word I got was, mums the word.

I'm in unit 10, the rut is very slow with not much bugling going on. Certain spots pick up better at times but still overall pretty dang slow. It's been dumping rain for the past two days so we'll have to see if that changes anything. Overall I've seen a lot of hunters and I have yet to see a bull hit the dirt. My brother hit a bull in the chest at 20 yds friday evening with excellent blood. Gave it plenty of time to expire and we had a ton of blood on the ground, but after .30 of a mile the bull started to bleed less. Then after a half mile and after finding two beds with a pool of blood in each the bull stopped bleeding and the track ran out. After an intense two day search we have yet to find the bull. We'll continue looking for the bull the rest of the hunt. Overall it's been fun and there's still a lot of time left, so hopefully it gets better with a lot of noise this week!

Back