Yeti GOBOX Collection

Arizona Late Elk

Hey Big Fin, I hope you made it home without incident. Sorry you did not fill your tag. This is Dan, one of the hunters you pushed the Elk into on Sunday morning. You and Mason really made the experance of taking my first Elk special. Thanks for your kind words and for sharing that moment with us. Mark did not get an Elk either. We did manage to find a spike late Wednesday evening but could never get into a good shooting position. We did see you out on the point Wednesday morning. You may have seen either myself or Mark glassing from the other point. We set up on a group Thursday afternoon in another area we'd seen in the morning. They showed up just at sunset on the ridge right where we thought they would, but hung in the trees untill well after dark. I hope you get to come back to Arizona and hunt again sometime soon. Thanks again.

Hey Big Fin, I hope you made it home without incident. Sorry you did not fill your tag. This is Dan, one of the hunters you pushed the Elk into on Sunday morning. You and Mason really made the experience of taking my first Elk special. Thanks for your kind words and for sharing that moment with us. Mark did not get an Elk either. We did manage to find a spike late Wednesday evening but could never get into a good shooting position. We did see you out on the point Wednesday morning. You may have seen either myself or Mark glassing from the other point. We set up on a group Thursday afternoon in another area we'd seen in the morning. They showed up just at sunset on the ridge right where we thought they would, but hung in the trees until well after dark. I hope you get to come back to Arizona and hunt again sometime soon. Thanks again.

Welcome, Dan. We are still laughing at how funny it was that we pushed those elk into the ambush you guys set up. You did not take much in the way of prisoners. So glad to see you guys get those bulls. Like I said that day, there is probably no better ending to that morning, than to walk up and see the smile on your faces, even as exhausted and sweaty as I was.

We did see you guys on Wednesday. There were six other hunters north of us. Word from one of them was that a wounded bull was in that canyon to our north. Seems a lot of guys were tuned in to that and wanted to put the final bullet in him.

I will be back to AZ as soon as they will let me. Hope you guys continue with the good luck.

Very enjoyable reading about the hunt guys. It sounds like you have a good overall hunt and that is the important thing. Punching those tags is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. Count me as one of those fellows that feels that if you work hard at a hunt and have some opportunities, that is all you can ask and the defines what a good hunt is. Thanks for sharing!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back