Arizona javelina

I drew the second chance tag since AZ has the 10% NR rule. Headed down the 6th, but I am in the Willcox area. I am more interested in the mule/whitetail deer hunting, but will be looking for pigs too. Always a fun hunt. Good Luck Mtlion.

I drew the second chance tag since AZ has the 10% NR rule. Headed down the 6th, but I am in the Willcox area. I am more interested in the mule/whitetail deer hunting, but will be looking for pigs too. Always a fun hunt. Good Luck Mtlion.

Good luck! My buddy and I both have jav tags and he has a deer tag. I thought about a deer tag but I get some decent deer hunting here in MT and have never seen a jav!

Did I mention, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Maybe you need a packer???? I might be able to handle it all in one load! :D

I suck? Says the guy who just filled his ibex tag!! :hump:

I'll save your packing services for something bigger. I heard you make pretty short work of bull moose :eek::eek:

are they good eating?

Not really..:hump:. you can make them into chili.. stew... or have them proccessed into summer sausage... jerky... just bone them out they don't weight much... after the head/hide.. ain't much meat... But there are plenty in AZ.. they are all around and even in the town of prescott ... from Yarnell to big bug... south to lake pleasant.. pretty much everywhere statewide except northern Az..... Have fun.

They love to eat peoples gardens

I have eaten several, but its been some yrs. Like someone else said here, while skinning watch out for the musk gland on their lower back area. They really do not have a lot of meat but they eat ok. We cook them like pork in the BBQ pit, low & slow or in the oven the same way. Growing up in South Texas, it hard to imagine someone going half way across the country to hunt for something we thought of as pests. Then a couple of yrs back, my buddy called me asked if we had any trophy Javalina's on my lease? What? He say he had a hunter from Pittsburg that had just shot a deer on his place & now wanted to shoot a trophy Javalina. Needless to say, he came over to my place and shot 2 "Trophy" Javalina and wanted to pay me. I said, no thanks, but was happy to help out a fellow hunter. Good luck & God Bless.

Not really..:hump:. you can make them into chili.. stew... or have them proccessed into summer sausage... jerky... just bone them out they don't weight much... after the head/hide.. ain't much meat... But there are plenty in AZ.. they are all around and even in the town of prescott ... from Yarnell to big bug... south to lake pleasant.. pretty much everywhere statewide except northern Az..... Have fun.

They love to eat peoples gardens

gota call bs on not being up north, ive seen em at over 7,000 ft in 5b there just few and far between but there are some up in the high country.
the quicker u can get them cleaned skined and washed out the better they'll taste but as satated previously stated DONT HIT THE GLANDS or ull b hateing life.
the best way i ever ate em was rapd in beef fat and pit'd
ive always had good luck with a varment call, but what hasnt ben said is when calling be ready cals if theye come in they charge and sometimes will even chase you, definatley will add some more exitement to a hunt,my favorite way to hunt em.
also from my experice they dont get up too early so u dont have to try to get in youre spot befor daylight. mostly just have fun no need to get to serious with stink pigs

Anyone have any advice for skinning one for a body mount? I asked my taxi and he says skin it just as you would a bear for a body mount...

5 Days until departure time...getting pumped! Another state and another species off the list. Hope the weather's good and the javelina are tame as kittens:hump:

Got my pig this morning! 7 days of hunting.

1f54997c.jpg

Thanks guys. What an awesome hunt I'll try to post more pics and details but I have been so whipped every night I haven't been able to thus far. We've got 3 more days to get my buddy on one so it might have to wait until he gets one or the season closes.

Last day jav for my buddy John. A big old toothless boar. Thanks to Stan AZ 402 for the advice, we never made it to your spot but your willingness to help out some clueless MT boys was very much appreciated. :D

What an awesome hunt I'll be doing this again!

b81bd2b6.jpg

Back