Caribou Gear Tarp

Arizona Elk, take cover, or else

This evening produced only a spike. Larry seems to be lowering his standards by the hour, so a spotted calf might be in trouble by morning. Aunt Mary told him to not come home unless he has some elk meat. She is the boss, so I think he is now feeling the pressure with only three more days to go.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Larry broke his glasses this evening, so he is now relegated to his prescription sunglasses. Not sure how we keep the continuity of his wardrobe in tact when he changes glasses. People will also be wondering why he is wearing sunglasses at the early and late hours of prime hunting time.

I offered my duct tape talents, which are significant, but his vanity does not allow for such. I sure hope no elk show up until about high noon, or he will not be able to see them.

Wish us all the luck you have to spare, as it seems as though we will be needing it.

Larry keep your faith.

Faith: belief or trust: belief in, devotion to, or trust in somebody or something, especially without logical proof

And remeber you can always get meat at the grocery store, the hunt is what makes it memorable.
Good Luck

Knock one down Uncle Larry! The duct taped glasses are always a classy touch. Good luck guys!

Tell Larry to put vanity aside for a few days. Besides, who has ever heard an elk complain about the guy who shot him wearing duct taped glasses?

To quote Red Green: If the girls don't find you handsome, they ought to find you handy......I vote for the duct tape job too!

Fin you should have told Uncle Larry that is was a new sponsor with prescription glasses in mind! Use the duct tape Larry! Let's get ready to rumble! Good luck fella's!

Things are getting better, but still difficult. Filming in the cedar flats is next to impossible.

Twice I had a bull within 100 yards this morning. No filming lanes and no shooting lanes.

Very frustrating to hunt this hard and not even be able to get any footage.

Larry passed on the duct tape and instead used black electricians tape. As soon as the sun cleared the horizon, he switched to his sunglasses. His vanity knows no bounds.

We are getting closer each day. Hope this evening is the time.

Larry passed on the duct tape and instead used black electricians tape. As soon as the sun cleared the horizon, he switched to his sunglasses. His vanity knows no bounds.

What's next...Lasik?;)

Stick with it. You have mojo. White athletic tape works best on glasses. Good luck!

Thanl God for Mystery Ranch packs and Brunton headlamps. Final loads will come out in the morn. I need some sleep and rest.

Will post pics and story after sleeping in and hauling out the head and final load of meat tomorrow.

The story is as funny as an elk story gets.

Larry is so damn fun to hunt with when he doesn't shoot something that when he does connect things are at am apex on the fun meter.

Will finish after lunch tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back