Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Arizona CC Hits

This. People, myself included, thought applications would decrease in spring 2020 with COVID and the opposite happened. Demand continues to outpace supply. I don’t predict a decrease in western hunting applications again until we have another economic downturn like we saw in 2008-2009.
When nobody has to work or be anywhere and checks keep getting deposited to your account every three months and you have made more in unemployment than you ever did at your former job, might as well find something to do. We don’t need a crash we just need this “virtual” prosperity to end, other than for those who really need it. The people who do, are not using it for Arizona elk tags, but are trying to feed their kids. Now, as stimulus for discretionary spending... does seem to have been quite effective.

One last thing... This is my first year applying to the AZ draw (well, maybe not according to the “portal”). So apparently I was stimulated a bit too much as well. 😜

I talked an AZ G&F person this morning about some other topics and I asked where the draw process was. The answer was "Hang in there and be patient." I didn't want to press the issue, as this is not his area of responsibility. Not sure when the results will post.

Suffice to say, if anything comes out today, I will count it as a bonus.
By other topics do you mean where to send your commissions for the record applicant numbers?😫

The good old days are gone. The message has been sent, and heard loud and clear.
I try to be a glass is overflowing kind of guy and see this as a very positive and necessary step to get conservation and associated funding where it needs to be. I'm glad Randy, Steve, Hal and others are as effective as they've been and informed the "commons" of the opportunities that have always been available to them here in America; if we can continue to increase the hunting participation by 2 fold or even more, I can only imagine what that economic power could do for wildlife and habitat. Additional opportunities will follow this reinvestment we're seeing...

Personally I think, not just limited to AZ of course, that the most demand there is through the state draw systems the more pressure will be places on states for increased work arounds.
Expect to see pushes for owner tags, more outfitter allocations and increases in auction tags and commissioner type tags. Money will exert the pressure.

Personally I think, not just limited to AZ of course, that the most demand there is through the state draw systems the more pressure will be places on states for increased work arounds.
Expect to see pushes for owner tags, more outfitter allocations and increases in auction tags and commissioner type tags. Money will exert the pressure.
It is my concern also.

the additional 18k new applicants is a minimum of 3.11 million dollars of new revenue for AZGFD. The number can be even higher if those applicants applied for more than 1 species.

If we could at the same time grow the deer and elk herds offering more opportunity it would be a different story. Mule deer are on a downward trend all across the west, elk are a mix and learning the private sanctuary’s. I think everyone needs to slow down on the “here’s exactly how to xyz” but I doubt that will ever happen. In a span of a few short years with podcasting there are dozens of not a hundred platforms out there all pushing the same thing. And a clear example is now look at idaho and MT and how you can’t get OTC anymore, happened over night. OTC seems like it will be a thing we tell our children/grandchildren about one day and they won’t understand. I want meat in my freezer every year for my family so I hope we can create more opportunity with all this new revenue across the board.

I want meat in my freezer every year for my family so I hope we can create more opportunity with all this new revenue across the board.
Don't tell anyone or do a podcast/YouTube video but if you hunt for animals with parts missing that you can't eat you can still get a tag. But points might be coming soon for that at least doe antelope in WY.

the additional 18k new applicants is a minimum of 3.11 million dollars of new revenue for AZGFD. The number can be even higher if those applicants applied for more than 1 species.

The added revenue for F&G departments is a moot point. The more unpredictablely tags are allocated for more pressure there will be for tags that can obtained on via the market. This will happen on all fronts with plenty of hunters and special interest groups supporting it

You guys think this is bad wait to wyoming results hit...its about to stupid in every western state, and our tax dollars are funding it! I think the CO season date shift on top of record apps is going to really make some point holders un happy with reality of a true point system flaws. I wounder about how long CO will keep 2seasons of OTC to nores? Getting UGLY!

The added revenue for F&G departments is a moot point. The more unpredictablely tags are allocated for more pressure there will be for tags that can obtained on via the market. This will happen on all fronts with plenty of hunters and special interest groups supporting it
I don't think you'll see this in AZ and states with a preference point system as the results for high point holders that are going to draw tags are pretty well known. Most of those high point holders aren't going DIY. Montana on other general, low point / otc states are a different game.

A hunt code I’ve been applying for had 60 NR applicants in 2016 and 195 NR applicants in 2020. I will draw it again, but it might be the last time.

18k new applications not new applicants.

"AZGFD continues to validate a record 170,000 applications, an increase of almost 18,000 over last year."

18k new applications not new applicants.

"AZGFD continues to validate a record 170,000 applications, an increase of almost 18,000 over last year."
This is correct. If you applied for both elk and antelope you count as 2 applications. Buying a bonus point counts as an application. So who knows how many people actually appplied for hunts. Odds could still be better.

This is correct. If you applied for both elk and antelope you count as 2 applications. Buying a bonus point counts as an application. So who knows how many people actually appplied for hunts. Odds could still be better.
I have no idea what draw odds will be but can guarantee they won’t be better.

I would love to see additional information on who makes up the new applicants--not just for AZ but for western states generally. It seems like the popularity has been through the roof the last several years--I'm curious if there will be a fatigue by some applicants in the coming years or if this is what we can expect going forward.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back