Are we haggling over the wrong things?

Can I write the headline? " Representative from Washington Sponsors Bill to increase Taxes on Low Income Families " Sound about right on how this would be relayed by the media to the American public?

BTW, I think your idea is a good one.
Sure. But that just goes to a point I made earlier. Nothing will change. Nothing. Not a gd thing.

One of the few things every source I found mentioned is that we need to educate girls, esp about, and to provide, birth control.

@VikingsGuy remember a couple months ago when I said this as an obvious joke?
What’s gotten into your friends?
I am happy to respond, but you will have to jog my memory as to which point of yours/mine you are referring.

As for my “friends”. This reference particularly confuses me. As it relates to politics, I am an ideological orphan.

Not sure exactly sure if the tweet was supposed to be supporting evidence to your comment about getting pilloried, but the video in the tweet is making more or less the same point as the article: there are no free lunches.

The dude who posted the tweet is making a considerably less thoughtful, and nuanced point, as evidenced by his use of the term "hypocrisy". I always read the hypocrisy police and saying "less not actually discuss this, and just ignore these other people's ideas and listen to me". His followup tweet has another beauty with "conserving our land and way of life". I read variations on "preserving our way of life" as code for "do nothing meaningful, and just carry on".

Just my take, anyway. 🤷‍♂️
I had a conservation with an analyst in the renewable industry a couple weeks ago who said "I don't think surface impacts are at all an issue".

I pushed them on the point and they straight out said that habitat isn't important compared with climate change and that solar panels per their company are only economic if done in big projects, on cheap or public land with subsidies.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I pushed them on the point and they straight out said that habitat isn't important compared with climate change and that solar panels per there company are only economic if done in big projects, on cheap or public land with subsidies.

🤷‍♂️

i feel like i've heard argument a handful of times.

those solar guys probably get a long real well with those amazon rainforest developers. i mean, if habitat ain't important and all.

i always thought there was care about natural carbon reservoirs... maybe not.

Those loans will be paid back, with interest, when Mother Nature has had enough!
You have not gained anything, meerly put off payment until a later date. That date is closer than we think.

Since you're bored on the couch... check out "Aenema" and "Descending" by rock band Tool. I know nothing about your musical tastes, but I suspect you will not like the genre (maybe described as progressive metal rock). However, you may like the lyrics/sentiment. Aenema is a nice description of our current American culture, and wishing for mother nature to "put it back the way it ought to be". Descending is about the environmental predicament of humans, and a call to do something about it. Pull up the lyrics when you listen- makes it easier to follow along.
@TheTone might know what I'm talking about.

Since you're bored on the couch... check out "Aenema" and "Descending" by rock band Tool. I know nothing about your musical tastes, but I suspect you will not like the genre (maybe described as progressive metal rock). However, you may like the lyrics/sentiment. Aenema is a nice description of our current American culture, and wishing for mother nature to "put it back the way it ought to be". Descending is about the environmental predicament of humans, and a call to do something about it. Pull up the lyrics when you listen- makes it easier to follow along.

This is more my style...

Instead just put on Bullet W/ Butterfly Wings by the Pumpkins. I find this one is relatable to the topic at hand (most topics at hand, really).

This conversation is almost as pointless as the MT mule deer management thread. Nothing is going to change until Mother Nature forces humans to change.

I’m no genius but I can spot an exponential unsustainable curve when I see one. We are riding that rocket. Yet no one in power/politics would dare to speak about it. Instead they are arguing about if a fair trade was made for Brittney. Additionally most of us were raised “to go out and populate the earth” or something along those lines. We are the dumbest smart species on the planet. And we got it coming.

How do you know I don't get that? Actually, I agree with you. Don't make assumptions from a corn yield chart.
Yeah I agree. I don’t know how he got that from a corn yield chart. My take from that chart was that you don’t like mortgage back reit’s as an investment idea and that you like to argue about the minute details of mule deer harvest and population count data.

This conversation is almost as pointless as the MT mule deer management thread. Nothing is going to change until Mother Nature forces humans to change.

Not me. Every day I do what I can to make this change. I suspect everyone has their own "just one thing," this is mine. This planet, this west, this landscape, this habitat, these species. I write, I talk, I pick up litter, I advocate, I participate. I think about how to live my value in this life every single day. And I do so. I'm not the only one on HT doing so, not even in the top 10. But I never quit and never stop.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back