Big Gubment Power Grab

Ignore your rights and they'll go away.

Sweetnectar. Here's the simple version. The bill gives the Department of Homeland Security unchecked authority over a vast swath of national forests and wildlife refuges along the northern border. If some bureaucrat wants to bulldoze a bunch of roads, run ATVs on hiking-stock trails, build outposts or helipads, wherever it wants, it gets a green light. The public gets to say nothing about it. Within 100 MILES of the border. No one is panicking. Smart folks like Big Fin are just asking? Why? What's the problem that requires such a sweeping power in the hands of one agency?

I try and stay on top of the news, and haven't read anything about our Northern border being under nearly the spotlight that the southern border is for good reason. I have crossed both borders and can tell you pretty easily which country is tougher to get into the US from. This raises a lot of questions in my mind about what is really pushing this.

What's the problem that requires such a sweeping power in the hands of one agency?
I wonder if there is something we don't know???? I mean I've heard rumors of drug cartels starting to use the northern boarder more but doesn't that mean they have to clear Canada's boarder first and then ours? There was one crazy al qaeda dude riding a ten speed across the boarder several years ago. Some rancher called him in and he was intercepted. His target was something in the Chicago area. Other then that I think it is a really quiet boarder.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back