Are there any OTC rifle mule deer states left?

If I "just need a deer" I have local options on heavily pressured public land where, after a lot of years and a lot of work, I've somehow learned to be successful.

But I look for NR tags for more than just "a deer." I want to see some new country.

Just trying to help and give you an option pal. Good luck in your search for something that's not "just a deer."

Archery-Only (AO) Hunt Tag
The AO (Archery-Only) tag allows hunting with archery equip- ment only during the archery and general seasons in A, B, or D zones and Hunt G10 (military only). To hunt during an X zone archery season, you must have an Area-Speci c Archery Hunt tag for the appropriate zone. You may not possess a rearm
or crossbow when hunting under the authority of an Archery- Only deer tag except as otherwise provided.

Archery-Only (AO) Hunt Tag
The AO (Archery-Only) tag allows hunting with archery equip- ment only during the archery and general seasons in A, B, or D zones and Hunt G10 (military only). To hunt during an X zone archery season, you must have an Area-Speci c Archery Hunt tag for the appropriate zone. You may not possess a rearm
or crossbow when hunting under the authority of an Archery- Only deer tag except as otherwise provided.

Dang! I've looked at some of those X zones. Some awesome country.

Are they OTC or drawn hunts?
I forgot about this. So, Montana doesn't have any Nonresident OTC mule deer tags. As I posted there are early season hunts. From your posts I suggest looking at the West side of the Bitterroot. You seem to be after the experience first. Well, if you get the non-resident deer and the unlimited permit, you have Damn near the whole Bitterroot-Selway Wilderness on the Montana side to hunt. Incredible country. mtmuley

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back