NEW SITKA Ambient 75

April 5 deadline to apply for Colorado

Cyber'd codes and cash Saturday...the least I've ever procrastinated. With luck son and I will be chasing first rifle EE together.

Good luck Big fin, 19 years is a long time to wait. It's all about the experience and being in the mountains.

did you go for a sure thing Randy?Thats a ton of points but I bet it still gets you a great hunt.Maybe not the one you wanted.I could never last that long.When I get up to 5 I'm itching to get rid of them
Good luck everyone,I hope you all draw great hunts

did you go for a sure thing Randy?Thats a ton of points but I bet it still gets you a great hunt.Maybe not the one you wanted.I could never last that long.When I get up to 5 I'm itching to get rid of them
Good luck everyone,I hope you all draw great hunts

Last year most with 17 points drew the tag, so it would be serious point creep for me not to draw with 19.

Putting in for elk pp and deer also. Not sure why I keep putting in for elk, I'll need a motorized scooter by the time I can draw a premium unit. Got enough deer points but I need to be able to hunt the whole month of archery to cash in 12 pts and that not possible this year, maybe next year. Good luck to all.

I'm in again, kind of in a no mans land with 10 for elk and deer. I should just use them one of these years and concentrate on other states.

I need to wait until the very last minute in order to get the charge on the next credit card cycle. Colorado seems to enjoy taking their sweet time getting refunds out. I did buy a 2015 fishing license yesterday to save money on points.

I want to, but I have had good success in MT and I don't want to give up a year of that to go after an unknown in CO. Maybe in a few more years I'll have my fill of 5 points and I'll have enough preference points to justify holding out for a bigger animal in CO.

gonna be OTC unit 23 for myself and usual group. We did ok for a OTC tag, out of 6 of us we usually end up with 2 or 3 elk.

Threw in for points only this season. My hunting buddy just moved to CO, so looking like I'll be in the burn zone in the next few years with 10 elk points and 7 elk points...

After 4 years of thinking I put in for my first preference point this year. Now im commited to learn anything and everything elk.

I just put in for my first pp yesterday for deer, I need to wait until I have the entire archery season off to go for a velvet buck, 4/5 years out

Goat

Sheep and Mt goat have never really interested me...will that get me kicked off of HT? :eek: As far as moose...reading through the statistics page, there's hardly even cow tags I can draw anywhere in the near future, the way I'm understanding the stats. So WY is getting my points money and will get my cow moose tag money in the near future. Blasphemy, I know :D I'm already talking with another HTer about an Alaska trip in about 5 or 6 years, so I can look at getting my bull. With the low odds of drawing Colorado before I'm in my late 60's or 70's for a moose tag, I'll look elsewhere to fulfill that need :confused:

I draw and have been fortunate to kill a moose in colo every 4-5 years. If you want moose meat and cow will do , WY definitely ain't the place to gather points by comparison. Do a little more ciphering of them there statistics.

I appreciate :hump: you giving me free range to scoop up what should be your moose tag about 4-5 years from now but my main point is why on earth not spend 3 measley buck$ for a moose point. Residency has privileges....but only if you show up to accept them.

Last edited:
Khunter- Leave the guy alone if doesn't want moose tag then there's more for us. I've had 3 in 10 years so my average is slightly better than yours but I am only 2/3. Sandbrew

Too late...me and Khunter talked in PM and I'll be in the moose pool, just not this year since I didn't have the extra money budgeted for those points :D

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back