Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Apology

Topgun 30-06

I would like to apologize to BigFin and all the other members for the comment I made on the now locked thread regarding Jose. He got under my craw one too many times and I broke a promise to myself and came down to a level unbecoming of a gentleman, which I try to be. Please accept my apology and I'll try harder not to let people get under my skin like this particular member does!

I would like to apologize to BigFin and all the other members for the comment I made on the now locked thread regarding Jose. He got under my craw one too many times and I broke a promise to myself and came down to a level unbecoming of a gentleman, which I try to be. Please accept my apology and I'll try harder not to let people get under my skin like this particular member does!

Quitter. ;)

Nicely said!

I have my opinions on things and that is why I keep them to myself. Just how dad taught me. I would like to unload once in awhile, but choose not to because of consequences. Please..... everybody choose to play nice so this doesn't turn into some of the other hunting forums.

I have my opinions on things and that is why I keep them to myself. Just how dad taught me. I would like to unload once in awhile, but choose not to because of consequences. Please..... everybody choose to play nice so this doesn't turn into some of the other hunting forums.

Amen!

Good grief. I had to waste 2 minutes of my life and go read that thread when you said fin locked a thread. He never does that.
It seems between most hunting being over and that shooting in CT, all the forums have an "air" of uneasiness and short tempers abound.
There are no easy or even real answers to this stuff. But I hope things get a little cooler and lighter around here soon. This IS the best site on the net I have taken more from here than anywhere else, and hopefully given a little in return. I think everyone needs to step back and gain a little perspective. fin locking a thread ought to accomplish that.

Topgun, I so appreciate that you have stepped up to offer apology. However, it is important for me to express my thanks to you and my respect for your passion in the discourse of the now locked thread. The rhetoric expressed by Jose is clearly aimed at raising ire and creating an atmosphere of heated, angered reaction and argument ... sometimes of a personal nature. The lack of any constructive, positive opinions or real debate regarding anyone else's opinions is indicative of a lack of respect and a pathetic lack of maturity.

The sad thing is that Jose appears to be an intelligent, witty kind of person. It's a real shame that he finds it so rewarding to hatefully denigrate others' points of view, rather than intelligently expressing his own with related rationale. Unfortunately locking a thread or completely ignoring such disrespectful discussion as expressed by Jose may be the only way to keep this forum on the right track.

Topgun, please do not let this brief departure from your otherwise great perspectives diminish your analytical, thoughtful, and passionate contributions to topics discussed on this forum.

Only takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel and you sir are not a bad apple IMO.

Look forward to possibly hunting with you someday.

Jose is a classic "whatever you say, I am going to say the opposite" guy........I figured people like him out by about 4th grade. Easy to ignore.

Hey TG06...you did the right thing , believe me living here in NY even though there are a lot of good respectable people you have to let A LOT of things slide, but once in a great while you just cant. You are a stand up guy for your meaningful appology. Again....you did the right thing now just let it go and get back to how everyones season went.....:cool:

I believe the only person who deserves an apology from that thread is Cushman maybe Jose will step up and deliver.

Agreed.

Over the past couple months, I've broken my own rule to never publicly discuss politics, religion, or money. I'm done debating those things here.

Agreed.

Over the past couple months, I've broken my own rule to never publicly discuss politics, religion, or money. I'm done debating those things here.

I rarely discuss politics, religon or abortion in an open audience. But I have been "baited" a time or two.

It isn't like some would discuss abortion with me and I'll chime back "You know what, you have a point. I am now for abortion!"

Debating these topics is rarely fruitful and arguing these subjects routinely is a waste of time.

I won't even search for the thread and waste my time. Your actions by posting this apology speak volumes for your character. Way to man up.

Agreed.

Well, if it's any consolation, it's obvious you haven't really had your heart in it dustin.:D;)

I believe the only person who deserves an apology from that thread is Cushman maybe Jose will step up and deliver.

Actually, I have an apology for Randy for fouling up a great site with my arguing with Wyodeerhunter. Randy I apologize for letting that rant continue.

Wyodeerhunter, whatever has set you off with me, I apologize for that. Have a good New Years........

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back