Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anyone want to hunt together?

I have done a lot of solo hunting in my life, but it is always more fun to have someone around to talk to. My first hunting and fishing partner was my dad, which was great, but I always had to do only what he wanted to do. Then I met a new hunting and fishing partner that thought the same way I did, and it was great until he suddenly just lost all interest in hunting and fishing. Then I met my current partner. We both like fishing the same way but have never been much alike when it comes to hunting. I have always been primarily a high energy bow hunter and he was always a low energy rifle hunter. So, we would basically just hunt together in order to keep the other company and help pack game. He lost interest in hunting several years ago now he is losing interest in fishing. Actually, I think he is losing interest in life.

I guess it's hard to get friends to be just the way you want them to be. In other words...

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose
but you can't pick your friend's nose.

Hunting partners suck, only one that is dependable is the dog. Counting the days til my boys are old enough to go along more often. Only hunting partners I need. Of course I know eventually they'll dump me for buddies there age but that's alright.
And then they call and say, " Dad can you help us we're stuck."
I know I'm guilty of it. And he loved every minute of telling me what a dip$%^! I was.

I guess I’m luckier than most. My buddies are pretty reliable and they always help pack out (they are a little younger than me). My kid can’t go as often now that he’s engaged, but he is still reliable like if he says he’s going, he always goes. Reading this thread, I think I will be more grateful! I hope you find a partner.

I'm 71. My hunting partner here at home is 86. He drew for Wyoming antelope with another of his LONG time partners. 3 days after getting back he leaves for Oregon elk with another group that he has hunted with for many years. Getting with the Oregon group means someone has passed away,,,,,,,
Been there. I got into a small group who flew up to Canada every year fishing like that. It was great till my friend Russel passed away. He was the pilot.

Hunting partners suck, only one that is dependable is the dog. Counting the days til my boys are old enough to go along more often. Only hunting partners I need. Of course I know eventually they'll dump me for buddies there age but that's alright.
Only one of my 3 boys hunt and he happens to run the shop these days. So turkey season rolls around and he has my back for me to travel. In-turn he gets alot of time off to chase white tail. His biggest to date.
I did notice a lot of equipment would go missing, my stuff was old and he would upgrade. Not many hunting partners would let you use there gear like a son. We do chase a lot of deer together but only on the weekends.

Attachments

• 20211104_104631.jpg
    20211104_104631.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Know more than one sportsman who’s lost their past time with the presentation of a ring.

It will be 51 years next month. My wife helps me go over my check list to see if I've forgotten anything. It could be that she doesn't want me coming back too soon.
Mines the same way.

“honey, don’t you need to check and see if the camper and stuff still works….”

I'm 71. My hunting partner here at home is 86. He drew for Wyoming antelope with another of his LONG time partners. 3 days after getting back he leaves for Oregon elk with another group that he has hunted with for many years. Getting with the Oregon group means someone has passed away,,,,,,,
You guys are making me feel young...just turned 65...LOL

B.Allan Mackie built his last home when he turned 80. A good role model to follow...I hope to be enjoying mine when I'm 80... :unsure:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back