MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone want to hunt together?

Gustovich

Sorry in advance for the short notice. Both guys I was supposed to hunt with next week september 11,12, and 13 bailed on me. The plan was to backcountry camp a couple of nights. I'm located In Helena Montana. The trail head is about 2 hours away from here. Pm me if your interested in teaming up.

Sorry in advance for the short notice. Both guys I was supposed to hunt with next week september 11,12, and 13 bailed on me. The plan was to backcountry camp a couple of nights. I'm located In Helena Montana. The trail head is about 2 hours away from here. Pm me if your interested in teaming up.

If you weren’t 16-18 hours away…

I've decided I'm just planning trips solo now, and if someone wants to join, they're welcome to. But it's impossible to rely on others... Good luck in your search!
That’s the direction I’ve gone after years of my original hunting partner bailing or leaving early. Now I plan on hunting alone and if people show up thats great. It doesn’t ruin my plans anymore.

I've decided I'm just planning trips solo now, and if someone wants to join, they're welcome to. But it's impossible to rely on others... Good luck in your search!
Went thru that this year for the first time. Now that I replanned it all without him there is a huge weight off my shoulders. It is quite nice not having that pressure.

Last edited:
So a solo hunt if backpacking is only really feasible to like 2 or 3 miles deep. Sure you can go further. But the pack out is going to be a lot of miles. Especially without help. With each person you add, you can go a little deeper and deeper. That's the biggest hurdle to solo hunting for an elk or other bigger animal. Deer aren't really a problem.

Sorry in advance for the short notice. Both guys I was supposed to hunt with next week september 11,12, and 13 bailed on me. The plan was to backcountry camp a couple of nights. I'm located In Helena Montana. The trail head is about 2 hours away from here. Pm me if you’re interested in teaming up.
Man! Unfortunately that’s too short of notice for me to miss 3 days of work! I’d love to attend bro seriously. I’m always looking for competent hunting buddies. I haven’t been on a backpacking camp trip in years. I’ve wanted to every single year for opening rifle season and don’t have any friends that can/would/want to stay overnight.. there’s this spot between Townsend and white sulpher I’ve wanted to backpack up and camp for like 6 years now- and still never have. Let me know of future dates and we can definitely plan something! How old are ya? How long you been bowhunting, have you ever gotten anything with your bow? You from Helena or recently moved? Pm me!

Amen. Good buddies and good hunting buddies are two different things. I've realized in the past couple years that my good buddies aren't good hunting buddies any longer.
I may have posted this before but it still feels true…finding a good hunting partner might be as hard or harder than finding a spouse.

The way I hunt few will want to tag along. I have a great turkey hunting partner but when it comes to deer It's hard to find a partner who will put in the time. Now at 70 partners have become non-existent.

Finding good hunting partners is just as challenging or more challenging than finding B&C critters on public ground. They're out there, just gotta find em. Took me about eighteen years to find some good ones that hunt the way I do. I'm blessed to be part of a group of 10 guys that thrive on being challenged.

I learned long ago most are unreliable but mean well but to avoid headaches (plus i can get grumpy) i do solo almost exclusively. Pre tag choas i use to offer up shared base camps for safety and help sake. With understanding we are independently hunting just have safety and help of another person(s) to see daily. Some of those guys were great and still talk hunting with some were weird as shat! Lol

Hunting partners suck, only one that is dependable is the dog. Counting the days til my boys are old enough to go along more often. Only hunting partners I need. Of course I know eventually they'll dump me for buddies there age but that's alright.

The way I hunt few will want to tag along. I have a great turkey hunting partner but when it comes to deer It's hard to find a partner who will put in the time. Now at 70 partners have become non-existent.
I'm 71. My hunting partner here at home is 86. He drew for Wyoming antelope with another of his LONG time partners. 3 days after getting back he leaves for Oregon elk with another group that he has hunted with for many years. Getting with the Oregon group means someone has passed away,,,,,,,

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back