Anyone use Garmin's panoptics on the ice?

• Thread starter Guest member 25165
  • Start date
G

Guest member 25165

Curious if anyone has had the chance to use Garmin's panoptics and if so, what were your thoughts?

I can’t stray away from my Vexilar, I like it too much!

Lowrance has their own version out now...Active Target. If it was just a little more backwards compatible I would seriously look into it.

Lowrance has their own version out now...Active Target. If it was just a little more backwards compatible I would seriously look into it.
I've had way too many problems with lowrance...I don't think I'll ever go back to them.

I want one in the worst way for icefishing. Everybody says it's a game changer. Instead of drilling 10-20 holes and checking out a spot, you drill 1 hole, drop down the Panoptix and if there's nothing there, you move on.

I want one in the worst way for icefishing. Everybody says it's a game changer. Instead of drilling 10-20 holes and checking out a spot, you drill 1 hole, drop down the Panoptix and if there's nothing there, you move on.
That's the way I like to fish too. I'm much more of a hole hopper than set-up in one spot and hope like hell something moves through.

Do it! Do it! Do it! :devilish:

I've had the livescope for about a year now. It will blow your mind. It's so far above and beyond the equally priced Lowrance unit on my boat. Any fish over the 16ish inch mark can be identified by the shape on the screen. The downside is when you can see every fish that swims through, but still can't seem to catch a single one.

Let me know how it works please! Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.
I've been able to take it out a few time and right out of the box, I was able to use it effectively and find fish. I was a little gun shy to spend 1500, but the ease of operation and the ability to see my jig (was using a tiny lead jig tipped with spikes) as clear as day was just amazing. One of the best fishing purchases I've ever made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back