Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anyone seen the Rivian vehicles?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Gonna need some plug ins in the mountains I guess. It's gonna be easier on city folk. mtmuley

If electric is the future, I feel fortunate to have witnessed the making of obscene and unnecessary horsepower and torque from internal combustion engines. Both gas and diesel. Good stuff, and I owned a super fast one once.I think it's pretty cool that even the new mid-engined Corvette still has a pushrod V-8. And spanks the Euros. Electric is not for me. mtmuley
To each his own, but some of the Tesla cars will beat virtually any internal combustion car out there in both speed and stability.

WLLM touches some good points. We can’t call our nuclear energy renewable because it consumes mined uranium that results in spent uranium.

The biggest problems with nuclear are economic because it is forced to compete with fossil fuels and the overkill safety regulations have hamstrung it. It's waste byproducts are probably no more toxic than coal or oil but people are afraid of the word "radioactive".

If you want put the tinfoil hat on there are some who believe Big Oil is promoting Solar/Wind at the expense of nuclear because they KNOW the limitations of Solar/Wind necessitates a baseload power source. They want you to believe we are replacing oil/gas, and nuclear with solar/wind when they really intend to replace nuclear with solar/wind and keep the fossil fuels burning indefinitely. So far this plan has worked really well in Germany.

Preorder the R1T truck to experience the thrill of navigating the world in an Electric Adventure Vehicle. Starting price of $69,000 before the Federal Tax rebate. Range of 230+ to 400+ miles.
range of 230 to 400 really means 80 to 120 in the elk mountains. need really long winch cable.

I've been kicking around the idea of ditching my SUV and getting a beater truck for hunting and a plug-in hybrid as my daily driver.
Same conversation going around our household too. I already drive a beater so it would just be swapping out my wife's 4Runner for the plug-in hybrid.

Where I live, an electric truck is just a coal-powered truck. The tailpipe is just somewhere else.

I was pretty impressed with the All-Electric F-150 pulling 1,250,000 pounds from a standing start though. That's pretty dang impressive!

If you want put the tinfoil hat on there are some who believe Big Oil is promoting Solar/Wind at the expense of nuclear because they KNOW the limitations of Solar/Wind necessitates a baseload power source. They want you to believe we are replacing oil/gas said:
It’s worked that way in California. One nuke plant down and the other one is scheduled to shut down in 6 years. However, it could easily run another 30 with very little maintenance.

The plants that remain will be natural gas and diesel fires plants.

That may be necessary in the future, but it won't be sufficient. If it takes hours to "fill up", regardless of how universal charging stations become or how many there are, no one wants to wait for even more than a few minutes to reload and go again. This is the biggest problem in my opinion.

Technology is amazing.

The wife and I just bought her a Rav4 hybid and holy cow. 40-45 mpg 4x4, with decent clearance and better traction control than anything I've ever been in. City tires and it still handled an unexpected hillclimb up a super muddy two track. And when we run over to the wetside and have to sit in traffic, turning on the lane assist and adaptive cruise and it freakin' drives itself! I'm not always the biggest proponent of technology but I'm damn sure loving that car.

I didn't realize they got that good of mileage. That's great. I've been eyeing the Rav4's for some time as a possible replacement for my truck when the kids are gone to college.

The introduction video is ridiculous... as in WTF, did you do a dry run first! Apparently not, and their stock reflects it today, down 6% when I looked.
I saw that too. Not only does the video look amateurish but the "truck" kind of does too. Not sure why someone can't just make a truck instead of making a car and calling it a truck. It looks like something out of "Logan's Run".

I saw that too. Not only does the video look amateurish but the "truck" kind of does too. Not sure why someone can't just make a truck instead of making a car and calling it a truck. It looks like something out of "Logan's Run".

Gotta give them props for being bold. I think the design could grow on me, although I'm not wild about the hard angles.

I'll bet @jryoung would like the hardened body skins.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back