Anyone seen or heard about this??

IDduckhntr

Rumor is this is the new world record shot in North Dakota

Attachments

• World Record Whitetail From ND.jpg
    World Record Whitetail From ND.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 444
Have not seen it, but that is a cool buck, hope it is a legit trophy and record!

Probably harvested on public land by some extremely skilled sportsman, who loves and respects his family, works in a soup kitchen when he's not running some kinda charity event for handicaps and drives and old american made pick-up truck-I hate those guys!

That is a truly nice deer-only about 2 times what my biggest scores...

I can see potential state record, maybe, but world, I don't think so

world record...no
state record...maybe

The buck was taken legit on private land (eastern Nodak has very little public). The guy was targeting this very buck as they've seen it in past years and have pics from trail cams from it. There is some question as to whether it will actually be eligible to break state record since it is in velvet (I know I wouldn't strip the velvet off of that beauty!).

Interesting side story...The Drury Outdoors crew were filming a hunt not more than a mile away when this buck was shot, however they claimed it was not "this" buck they were after.

Smalls-that is the same story I heard only they watched the farmer arrow him! Apparently someone paid big bucks to lease the land next to where he was shot. Here is the trail cam pic I was sent....

My Dad lives in Houghton SD, about 50 miles from where he was shot. Quite the buzz going on over there about it!!

Attachments

• Trail Cam Picture Jul 2 2007.jpg
    Trail Cam Picture Jul 2 2007.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 313
Wow what a buck. I don't think it can be entered in B&C due to the fact it has 2 main beams. Maybe SCI state record?

Yep, eastern part of the state in the Red River Valley.....give the kid credit....he did what the large pocket books could not......he arrowed this potential state record the way it should be done....he did his homework and put in his time. It's rqually cool to have some trail cam pics (I guess he has several) to go with it........:)

Ya....I love the whole Drury Bros twist to the story as well......nothing like a little slap in their face....Oh but I'm sure, they'll have some way of putting the buck on one of their shows and staking claim to it somehow......

wow it looks pretty close to this one that oak posted in a whitetail thread.
Its not for sure but they look close.
bigbucknorthidaho2.JPG

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back